• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im an extreme n00b. help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

As the title said, im a complete newbie at o/cing vid cards. how would i o/c a 9000 pro 128mb? im just asking how. im total noob to an extremety.

TIA

bdw8

Don't jump too high when you increase speed; I know they say to increase with intervals of 10mhz on core, but I'm not sure about the incriment on memory.

pip

modenaf1 said:
thanx!!! as soon as im home ill download the proggys and see.

btw, this comp has a SIS 128tv could i use those programs for it?

you could use powerstrip but I do't know why you would try it's crap now and it'll be crap then

gamefoo21

what brand is your card if its sapphire the most i could get was a 13mhz increase with the stock sink for the mem.

skid

modenaf1, how did you exist long enough on these forums to get 7 stars, but not know how to overclock a video card?

OP
M

modenaf1

skid said:
modenaf1, how did you exist long enough on these forums to get 7 stars, but not know how to overclock a video card?

I have been here about 2-3months. I usually am in gen cooling and amd stuff. and gen chat of course.

OP
M

modenaf1

pip said:

you could use powerstrip but I do't know why you would try it's crap now and it'll be crap then

what happened to your overclocking spirit?

this is
forumlogo.gif

Cheesy Peas

woah two sig quotes, dont ya think thats gettin kinda silly now F1?

have you installed rage3d tweak yet?
you might find that the clocks are locked at certain speeds on your card, but you might not just install it and see what happens.

OP
M

modenaf1

Cheesy Peas said:
woah two sig quotes, dont ya think thats gettin kinda silly now F1?

have you installed rage3d tweak yet?
you might find that the clocks are locked at certain speeds on your card, but you might not just install it and see what happens.

he he, silly. I interchange different silly stuff throughout my sig whenever i get the chance.

yep, i think i have to re download it or take care of all my windows errors first. under one of the tabs in the 3d tweak program it says in green stars, that there was an installation error. I think i first gotta get rid of all my win errors first, then try it.

Finken

I just got my forst ATi-card since some 8MB thing in a Dell Dimension with a P2 350 :)

Anyway.. I tried OCing it with powerstrip. I don't like pstrip, but it still worked well to OC my card. The problem is that I have maxed out the OCing options... pstrip won't let me go any higher :(
How can I overclock my card past the limits pstrip has?

Finken

thanks, but I wasn't able to find that option..

but I solved my problem anyway :)
I did something similar to the Simpsons-trick with coolbits.. I just rescanned my system and recorded the overcklocked settings as the defaults :)