• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm an xBox n00b! What can I do with it??? (modding)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

My brother just got an xbox a couple days ago and it looks pretty cool. I've heard you can put Linux or Windows XP on it. Is this true? If so, how? And are there any other mods or anything cool I can do to it?

gingo

Here is what I did to my Xbox... Nothing internal, just for decoration....

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

baqai

if you want to overclock, put linux or windows XP why don't just get a plain ol PC :rolleyes:

(sorry but i seriously dislike xBOx IMO for consoles PS2 is the best)

OP
NeoN068

NeoN068

baqai said:
if you want to overclock, put linux or windows XP why don't just get a plain ol PC :rolleyes:

(sorry but i seriously dislike xBOx IMO for consoles PS2 is the best)

Well how could I play xBox games??? Huh? Huh?... Ya thats what I thought! HAHA LOL :p

runsalone

Yes you can run win32 apps on it and also install windows xp. But the methods to do this fall into the 'warez' category on this forum probably. I love the xbox, the standard controller is almost big enough for my paws.

Jawsome

why would it be warez, you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with it, it just voids the warranty, its not like you burned your own xbox or downloaded an xbox from the internet and burned it onto a plastic square shaped case with your xbox rw burner.

OP
NeoN068

NeoN068

Jawsome said:
why would it be warez, you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with it, it just voids the warranty, its not like you burned your own xbox or downloaded an xbox from the internet and burned it onto a plastic square shaped case with your xbox rw burner.

Haha. That would be SWEET if you could do that! :D

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
yea, i just placed my order for a 12x4x12 XBOX-RW

w00t! shipped from newegg earlier today!

juiceweazel

Registered
hey NEO, can u give me some info on the santa frag 2002?
i live in erie, about 1:45 N of Pittsburgh, & visit my buds down on Mt. Washington every 2 months. what kind of games, where located, costs...ect. is there a web addy? thanks in advance man

juiceweazel

Registered
opps just found site.
how is the party & what kind of games are going to be played? i love star wars galatic battle grounds, i could play for DAYS! lol
i'm new to the ultra lan gaming party. sounds cool