• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i'm bored, how about a little history??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

um yeah, I was wondering how we came by the team number 32, and how did overclockers.com started this? anybody know? wonder who our first folder was hmm.. well just a few thoughts. :D

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
new_novice said:
um yeah, I was wondering how we came by the team number 32, and how did overclockers.com started this? anybody know? wonder who our first folder was hmm.. well just a few thoughts. :D

Allan Nielsen

We now have our magic v2.0 number! Read here
I've signed us up already, so when the v2 client is released, we can quickly make the upgrade! In this new client version, you will have to write a specific number to join a team, instead of writing "(www.overclockers.com)" after your username you can simply use this number.

The number for www.overclockers.com team is... TADAAAA:

Yup, thats it. 32 is the number you need to remember. Simple, very simple. However, I am not able to check if it works, so I guess we will have to wait and see. Unless something was screwed up at the server side when I signed us up as a team, 32 should work.

FOLD ON people, I hope you are looking just as much forward to the release as I am!

FOLD ON
NAS

NASsoccer

the first OC folder was........

Allan Nielsen

Re: Re:
Yup Eriksson, you were indeed the first oc.com folder! You can be proud!

Thank you for your kind words, it is really nice to hear something good between all the bad.

Fold on all!

FOLD ON
NAS

Gnerma

hmm but when was version 2 released? When was the Genome project combined with the folding project? When did the Pande group get the idea to use DC for their research? When was Stanford established? Who founded Stanford and why? Is the Stanford campus on former native American territory? And if it is, what tribe?

There you go NAS, you have your homework. :beer:

NASsoccer

Gnerma said:
Who founded Stanford and why? Is the Stanford campus on former native American territory? And if it is, what tribe?

There you go NAS, you have your homework. :beer:

On October 1, 1891, Stanford University opened its doors after six years of planning and building.

Founded in 1885 by railroad magnate Leland Stanford

First Pres: Dr. David Starr Jordan

In 1876, former California Governor Leland Stanford purchased 650 acres of Rancho San Francisquito for a country home and began the development of his famous Palo Alto Stock Farm for trotting horses. He later bought adjoining properties to bring his farm to more than 8,000 acres, land that eventually became the Stanford campus. The little town that started to grow across El Camino Real (the old Spanish "King's Road") from the university also took the name Palo Alto... native Ohlone Indians

FOLD ON
NAS

CaptnBackfire87

NASsoccer said:

On October 1, 1891, Stanford University opened its doors after six years of planning and building.

Founded in 1885 by railroad magnate Leland Stanford

First Pres: Dr. David Starr Jordan

In 1876, former California Governor Leland Stanford purchased 650 acres of Rancho San Francisquito for a country home and began the development of his famous Palo Alto Stock Farm for trotting horses. He later bought adjoining properties to bring his farm to more than 8,000 acres, land that eventually became the Stanford campus. The little town that started to grow across El Camino Real (the old Spanish "King's Road") from the university also took the name Palo Alto... native Ohlone Indians

FOLD ON
NAS

i think you do know everyting NAS all that and only 8 minutes after he asked you :clap: :clap: :clap:

NASsoccer

Gnerma said:
hmm but when was version 2 released?

2001-08-29

Pandegroup:-

group.jpg

pande.jpg

clockwise from top left: Jeremy England, Stefan Larson, Cris Snow, Bojan Zagrovic, Brad Nakatani, Siraj Khaliq, Vijay Pande, Michael Shirts, Amit Garg. (Not shown: Ian Baker,Sid Elmer, Lu Miao)

FOLD ON
NAS

john240sx

you seem to know it all NAS but.......

what's the GPH rating for a stock 1984 toyota camery 4 cylinder fuel injector? :p hehe

anyway, a little history is always good. i was wondering how [email protected] came to OC.com, now i know :)

NASsoccer

john240sx said:
you seem to know it all NAS but.......

what's the GPH rating for a stock 1984 toyota camery 4 cylinder fuel injector? :p hehe

hmm.. LE Sedan , LE Liftback, Deluxe Sedan, or Deluxe Liftback?

i will guess 44 miles a gallon on economy

FOLD ON
NAS

NASsoccer

Gnerma said:

LOL the internet is a wonderful thing isn't it? Thanks for the good laugh buddy :beer:

not a problem:D gotta love the internet, strange thing is about the team history questions i had those threads bookmarked already! don't remember what for though :|

FOLD ON
NAS

Wega!

CaptnBackfire87 said:

i think you do know everyting NAS all that and only 8 minutes after he asked you :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nah, he just knows how to use the forums search functions ;)

Malpine Walis

Disabled
OK I missed this thread the first time around. Next question for you NAS:

Why was Stanford university founded? I saw this on the history channel a while back. It is an amusing story...