• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm clearly doing overclocking wrong but I have no idea what it is [1500x]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Windows in performance mode, bios set to 3.8 with ~1.35 core voltage. Bois has AMD cool&quite turned off. I also tried disabling CPU performance boost.

System sits at 3.5ghz on cpu, no movement......fan barely is spinning, system runs perfect.

IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1811.JPG IMG_1812.JPG

I even tried upping the voltage a bit with no change (voltage change shows up in cpuz but not cpu speed)

When you're changing the multiplier try highlighting it and use the (+) or (-) to change the value. Then hit enter and reboot. You did make it work once.

First off, thanks for all you help Johan45, I realize this is pita.

So I am using the +/- to change the settings and they do save/are there when I reboot. I never got bios changes to work. The only time I saw the CPU properly overlock was using RM which isn't a valid approach because I can't get the memory settings to work.

OK I'm DL your manual to have a look. I'm not a big Giga fan only have a couple of boards at home so their BIOS isn't the most familiar to me. I'll have a look and get back to you. I know I can get RM to work for you but I prefer BIOS

I can't see anything that stands out. Try this. Set the voltage back to auto and then only raise the multiplier by one step from stock so to 3525 use F10 to save and exit lets see if we can narrow anything down

No change on CPU-Z except the voltage went down. I tried 3550 as well and didn't do anything either.

I'm at a loss, just so we're on the same page.
you enter BIOS and change multiplier at CPU clock ratio to 35.5 multiplier, hit enter.
then save and exit via menu or using F10.
If you reboot to BIOS has the frequency changed?
You could try disabling Global C_State control. That shouldn't need to be done but worth a shot.
Or even see if you can enable core performance boost

To clarify, if I make a setting it always stays/saved in the bios. It just seems like changing the cpu multiplier has no effect at all. Core voltage changes things and memory settings changes things but not cpu multiplier.

I tried disabling C_state, no change.

I tried enabling performace boost, I don't think it makes a difference but its hard to say because the cpu speed fluxuates so much.

So I opened a support ticket with gigabyte + posted on their forum. This seems like a bug in the bios to me. So I'm think I should either return this or hope the next update fixes it.

Back