• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm looking for software that will...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DragonTattooz

Sorry, I didn't know how to word a short tilte for my question. :)

I'm looking for some kind of software that will let me show someone how well my new video card will display graphics. Not 3DMark scores, I mean just something that I can run that will make someone say WOW! Look at that! Is there anything out there that I can use for that?

I think 3dmark 05 is really the best there is out now. even 3d03 is about as good as any modern game.

Well since you said you do not want 3DMark...I'd say try out a program called "Rthdribl".

Rthdribl is this program that puts ALOT of strain on the video card, while giving some really stunning graphics, it even includes HDR scenary, which I love. Rthdribl basicly renders HDR is real time, it's truely something to see.

Pretty much anything HDR will be newer stuff, and also is just gorgeous to look at. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and has to do with lighting and shading.

Let me get this straight though, your going for something that someone could VISUALLY look at and see your card is good? Or do you want to show someone (through a score of sorts), how good your card is?

-For Visuals: either take Screenshots of Rthdribl or 3DMark05 scenes (while it's running)
-For Scores: 3DMark scores, plain and simply, OCers and enthusaists use it all around the world.

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/ rthdribl DL
http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml 3DMark05 DL
Both programs show Frame Rates/second (FPS)
Both programs are free.

I love PCPITSTOP.com it does a full system scan and you can tell your friends about how good of a score you got. "" Overall score for system "BILL": 1687 ""

It shows all kinds of information. I would say to atleast try it out if nothing else it gives a lot of info on if your having computer problems.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
jcw beat me to it
:D

Took a while to write that up too.

I do like rhthdribl though, it's just amazing to watch. And supposedly it's great for finding your max. load on your card.

Thanks. I'll take a look at those that were mentioned.

In this particular case I was looking for something visual. I wanted to show a friend of mine how this card performs vs. my other rig with an ATI 9600. Benchmark scores would be meaningless to him, except for the obvious higher score with the 7800GT card. The visual Wow! factor would have much more impact- know what I mean?

Have you ever thought about using in game demos for the bench marking? I can't remember right off hand but some games have a 2nd file that will "benchmark" the video card telling the FPS and such. I would look in to something of that nature. Or Majorgeeks.com has this http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads4.html this is a list of a LOT of different benchmarks out there...some free some not so becarful what you pick. If you find something tell us what you get.

DragonTattooz said:
Thanks. I'll take a look at those that were mentioned.

In this particular case I was looking for something visual. I wanted to show a friend of mine how this card performs vs. my other rig with an ATI 9600. Benchmark scores would be meaningless to him, except for the obvious higher score with the 7800GT card. The visual Wow! factor would have much more impact- know what I mean?

Yup either of those I mentioned will provide some stunning graphics, 3DMark05 will have a greater selection (because of the different scenes that run during the benchmark), so I'd say just run 3DMark05 and while it's running, have your friend watch, it's fun to watch actually lol. rthidirl is also fun to watch as I said (because it has HDR unlike 3DMark05)

Back