• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm New To This And Wondering...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snagle

I just did the simple install from the sticky tutorial and now i see that FahCore_78.exe is running as a process so it is working and all :). It is also taking 98% cpu as I type this. On my iMac on OS X I am running FAH as a screensaver so that it uses my processor only when the system has been idle for 5 minutes. On this box the process is set to run 24/7

My question is, will having FAHCore_78.exe running in the background slow me down when I'm doing things like gaming? I don't want to sound like a jerk and say that my gaming is more important than trying to help save lives in the future, but, if my main objective for building this computer was to cure cancer i wouldve instead donated my $700 to the ACS.

Does the FAH process scale down to 0% usage when I am doing things like gaming or benchmarking that push the processor? If not is there a way I can just set it as my screensaver instead of running 24/7? I'd to find the method that works best for me to contribute with. Thanks in advance for your help.

veryhumid

i use my computer for gaming, too. I let it run in the background and it never seems to hurt framerates or make things take longer to open. thank you for folding with us!

LiGhTBoY

veryhumid said:
i use my computer for gaming, too. I let it run in the background and it never seems to hurt framerates or make things take longer to open. thank you for folding with us!

Exactly the same thing here

Welcome to the team :clap: :bday: :beer: