• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm over NFS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

I'm tired of constant crap from EA and NFS. i was all hyped up about Undercover. the videos and trailers looked real good. i got my hands on it 2 days ago, i have one word for it: WTFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!?

from what i understand, it's meant to kinda be like the sequel to Most Wanted. as soon as i started driving, i knew it was total crapness. the driving physics are ridiculously rubbish. it's a joke.
remember the good old days where you had to brake and turn in Underground 2? (well you had to if you wanted to not crash the walls). that game had good as physics, it wasn't all that realistic, but it wasn't dodgy like how it is in Undercover. NFS Carbon also has the same dodgy driving. Prostreet was really good - i liked it.

i've always trusted EA/NFS to release a 'proper' NFS game, not some cartoon-ish style driving game that is nothing but graphics. the cops aren't even as good as MW. i only played 30 minutes of this game, and i cbf and started playing NFS U2 again.

iv'e decided, i'm going to start playing some other games. i found Test Drive Unlimited for $10 at EB Games, so i'm going to get that. then i'm going to find myself a copy of GTR Evolution, GRID, Colin McRae DIRT and maybe try Juiced 2.

I'M OVER NFS!!!

everyone is free to share opinions on NFS. i'm totally over it now. they've wasted my time.:bang head

EDIT: WTF is actually 3 words...but...ARGHHHHHHHHH screw this NFS is annoying me.

well the only thing i have to say is that its an arcade style racer. so physics are a moot point.
but i totally agree and i thought NFS went to **** a long time ago and ea way before that

go watch top gear, its a better video game than any thing EA ever makes

haha! yeh i should. the only NFS games that i felt were worth the money was U2 and Prostreet. in Prostreet, you can keep racing and racing, and it's addictive. too bad i lost my saved file, becuase i was on a campaign to fully mod every car. and it actually was fun. underground 2 was underground 1(which started the whole tuning game craziness) but polished up. i don't undertsand why they can't keep the physics they used in Most Wanted or Underground 2 becuase they worked. if they had those physics, Undercover would be a much better game.

i'm gonna pick up Test Drive Unlimited tomorrow. can't wait for some driving in million dollar cars in Hawaii :p:p

Undercover was alright. I wish there was more racing and less take this guy out missions. It is supposed to be a racing game after all right?

I played em all until HP2, then tried UG for about a week and gave up after that. NFS died right after PU.

Undercover wont even run on my laptop so I haven't been able to play it. I'm kind of surprised because I didn't think this computer would be that bad at gaming.

Race Pro might be good if you want realism. There's really no way to tell though unless I play the game myself (not out yet).

How long did you even play? It's easy, and a lot of it is running from cops, but the psychics definitely aren't that bad. Further in the game you race on tighter courses and you brake and you can't just breeze past it.

The game isn't great, but it's not that bad. Now they're talking about moving it from a 12 month schedule to a 24 month schedule for game creation. That would probably help the team out a lot.

Race Pro might be good if you want realism. There's really no way to tell though unless I play the game myself (not out yet).
Race Pro looks good as. those are the games i prefer. have you ever played GTR2? now that is realy stuff lol.

Prostreet, IMO, was really really good. i like the car customisation etc. it's one of my biggest +'s. it started from U1, then to U2. then in MW, they took some of the customisation away, but that was made up with the cop pursuits. then in Carbon, it was just random, althought the Canyon races were pretty fun.

Undercover just annoys me when i turn the car. i use a gamepad, and it's still crappy. but i might play some more and see how i think.

EDIT: i hope they do spend more time creating games. it would definitely help them, and us, if the games are good again.

After playing my brother's copy of Midnight Club LA I have to say that it's a much better game. You have so many more choices when customizing your car, and it has an interior view! The driving physics are also much better.

Lol, I still wish that they had ported Gran Turismo to the PC. An updated version with DX 8.1 or better graphics would have been a pretty sweet looking game with good realism. That was one of the better racing games ever imho.

Gran Turismo is probably my favorite racing series, ever since the first game on PS1. Can't remember if I've ever tried GTR2. I use a dual shock controller for racing games, some action games (like DMC4) and the non-existant fighting game genre on PC.

But I miss those fantasy/futuristic racers like Mario Kart and Extreme G. They're pretty much extinct nowadays... such a pity, considering what could be done with today's technology. There hasn't been a single game like that on the PC, at least in the past few years, and the only one that comes to mind on consoles is Wipeout HD which was PS3 exclusive. Lots of very good reviews on it but I don't trust review sites nowadays. "Rage" is the only title to look forward to in this category for the PC, but there's no telling if that will be good or not because of the huge number of overhyped games that turn out to be crap these days.

Project Gotham is one of my favourite car racing games to date, especially the first one that came out on xbox.
i bought Test Drive Unlimited two days ago. since playing it, i've found it to be quite a nice game. it's not intense or anything, as all you pretty much do is drive around. but in a race, if you crash an object like a house or something, your car just stops. it's stupid. the driving physics are ok, but not when you crash. stupiddddd. and then you gotta shift 6 gears down to reverse (driving in Auto makes it boring as hell).

WHOA?!!! are you serious? Burnout Paradise on PC?
that is going to be amazing. right now, i feel like Burnout series is a lot more successful than NFS series. there's a lot of ppl who are reverting to torrent-ing the game instead of buying it, mainly because of it being rubbish. it's why some ppl don't buy games anymore. other's are just cheap. it's a shame.

Back