• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm over NFS...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WHOA?!!! are you serious? Burnout Paradise on PC?
that is going to be amazing. right now, i feel like Burnout series is a lot more successful than NFS series. there's a lot of ppl who are reverting to torrent-ing the game instead of buying it, mainly because of it being rubbish. it's why some ppl don't buy games anymore. other's are just cheap. it's a shame.

[al gore]I'm super serial.[/al gore] lol

http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/pc.php

Last edited:
i started playing Undercover again today. and i have to say, it's getting more and more fun :p
i think the dodgy physics improve as your car gets faster, because you'll need the rapid turning etc.

man, i dind't get you mastrdrver. please explain to a noob like me ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
are you for real?
i hope not. i still wanna play it...i just don't like it that much:p
i still want the option.
maybe they need a change. this may bring something good, or it may just end up just as bad.

hey RichTard, have you ever watched south park, theres an episode with Al gore in it and he's such a retard, its real funny. Thats what he says "Im super serial". you should see it, ROFLMAO.

lol, i've never seen South Park, ever in my life.
hell, i don't even know who Al Gore is. it has something to do with NFS yeh? can you tell me about it, cos it sounds funny enough lol.

Im still lingering in the High Stakes days. For some reason that game is very addicting to me. Porshe unleashed is good as well. I have the demo for Underground 2, hopefully I will be getting that, and Hot pursuit 2 soon.

lol those games are very old, but still fun. have you got your hands on any of the recent editions of NFS? eg. Prostreet or Undercover

Prostreet is one of my fav NFS games to date. folowed by U2.

can't miss those Hot Pursuit days on the PS One...

Test Drive unlimited and Grid are two of the best racing games I've played available on the PC. NFS underground 2 is absolute GARBAGE compared to both, especially when played with a 360 controller or a wheel.

Midnight Touge is fun in GRID, so are the oldschool muscle races where you can drift around corners. I found it aim right at the walls when I turn, and then tap the brake so I slide around inches from the corner. :) I've gotten quite good at it. me and my 360 controller pwn my buddy's racing wheel hard.

I have to say I feel EXACTLY the same about undercover. (but i hated prostreet... none of the cars felt right and I couldn't get the hand of that stupid blueprint system)

I love GRID.. My god that game is fun :D Midnight Touge is a lot of fun, but my fav event are the drift battles. (I can score 30,000,000+ when I manage to combo the entire track :D) Me and my Silvia are king :D

anyways, I'm enjoying Undercover for the most part, once the whole realism dissappointment wears off and you realize its not supposed to be, the game starts to be more fun.

lol yeh. i loved Prostreet! i loved the tuning system as well. it kinda made a difference to your car. i remember running lap times with my Porsche Turbo untuned, then tuned the next lap. and i cut 2 seconds off my lap time. pretty impressive ;)

and there's a huge difference between AWD, FWD and RWD. on a FWD, after you give it more than like 300hp, the car always loses traction. it's only when you get to like 4th gear before you stop doing burnouts.

even though the 911 GT2 is more powerful than the Turbo, the GT2 being a RWD, coudln't beat the Turbo (4WD) in cornering. and i tested both cars before i started modifying them. the GT2 just dones't turn (stock settings, no modifications).

i've only plalyed about 20% of Undercover and haven't seen any of the police chases it advertised.

iLoki, i also played GRID the other day, but found the driving system a bit annoying. that's probably because i wasn't using my Gamepad, but i guess i haven't got used to it yet. :p

Test Drive unlimited and Grid are two of the best racing games I've played available on the PC. NFS underground 2 is absolute GARBAGE compared to both, especially when played with a 360 controller or a wheel.

Midnight Touge is fun in GRID, so are the oldschool muscle races where you can drift around corners. I found it aim right at the walls when I turn, and then tap the brake so I slide around inches from the corner. :) I've gotten quite good at it. me and my 360 controller pwn my buddy's racing wheel hard.

i bought Test Drive Unlimited the other day for $10 AUD, and that game is AWESOME. the only thing that really bugs me is that, there's no crash physics. i crashed into some house, and the car just stopped LOL. do you get the same?

yeah the physics are the same, but the 1.66a update does help sort a couple things out. Since you bought the game though, you might wanna get the megapack for it. It adds like 42 extra cars or something. hang onn. lemme look. Its definately worth it, and makes the game a lot more interesting when you are shopping for cars.. TIP: Try to find some cars to deliver, you get like $80,000 if you dont crash or go off-road and an extra $40,000 if you do it perfect, and there aint no time limit :D There is also a race where you have to go around the entire circumfrence of the map. In a enzo it takes nearly 2 hours :O - and some of the "achievments" are truly killer. One of them is to "drive down EVERY road"

Here are the additional cars/motorbikes if you install the megapack:

Alfa Brera
Audi RS4 quattro Saloon
Audi S6
Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 coupe
Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 Roadster
Dino 246 GT
Dodge Challenger RT
Dodge Charger Super Bee
Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe
Edonis
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
Ferrari 512 TR
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Ferrari F40
GM (Cadillac®) Cien Concept
GM (Cadillac®) CTS-V
GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C1 1957
GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C6 Convertible
GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® Stingray Convertible 1971
GM (Saturn) Curve Concept
Holden Efigy Concept
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
Koenigsegg CCR
Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary
Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe
Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster
Lexus GS 450h
Lexus IS 350
Lexus LS 460 L
Lexus LS 600h L
Lexus SC 430
McLaren F1 GT
McLaren F1 LM
Mercedes CL CLK GTR
Nissan Skyline GTR R34
Noble M400
Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster
RUF RGT
RUF RK Spyder
RUF Rt 12
RUF Rturbo
Spyker C8 Spyder
Spyker C8 Spyder T
TVR T440R

The Ferrari F40 - amazing.

Last edited:
I have it for 360 (TDU), GRID I play on my PC, I need to sell TDU for 360 and get it for PC, but I'll do that when storage on my PC is less of a limitation.

WHOA?!!! are you serious? Burnout Paradise on PC?
that is going to be amazing. right now, i feel like Burnout series is a lot more successful than NFS series. there's a lot of ppl who are reverting to torrent-ing the game instead of buying it, mainly because of it being rubbish. it's why some ppl don't buy games anymore. other's are just cheap. it's a shame.
I just played Burnout Paradise the other day for 360, it wasn't anything like the old Burnout games! They got rid of the modes and made it open world where every intersection starts a different kind of event. They even ditched Crash! It's a huge letdown IMO.

Oh, and Most Wanted was the most recent NFS that I enjoyed, but NFS2 was my favorite.

I just played Burnout Paradise the other day for 360, it wasn't anything like the old Burnout games! They got rid of the modes and made it open world where every intersection starts a different kind of event. They even ditched Crash! It's a huge letdown IMO.

Oh, and Most Wanted was the most recent NFS that I enjoyed, but NFS2 was my favorite.

I thought Paradise was a huge improvement, I liked it miles more then that previous 3, just felt and played much better.

jayfella, TDU is that good?! the box does say something about the most innovative car racing game after Gran Turismo :p

i must play it more after i finish my current game (RB6 Vegas) - AWESOME GAME!

and the graphics are also nice.
i was glitching once in TDU, and i drove my TT all the way up this mountian where there's no road. i'll take a screenshot next time ;)

Sprinbok - i love U2 as well. such a great game! what was your favourite car?
mine was the AE86 Corolla. i tried to match the paint job to the car from Initial D. have you heard of it?

Shard, i can't wait for Burnout Paradise to come on PC.

i got so many games to play and i only have about 3 weeks left of holidays :(

TDU is an aquired taste... The races are reallly really good, but like you said, if you crash, its stupid, and the police are complete idiots, which does let it down quite a bit, but if you can get past that, the achievements, and the cars, when you find a really good one, are major plus points. I had a ferrari spyder i think it was (cant remember exactly) - only a class C - but i would drive it everywhere because it was such a great car to handle.

i drove an F430 around, and it just did burnouts everywhere. cept when you reached like 4th gear lol. some cars have too much power. like, an Enzo is impossible to drive.

Springbok, do you mean that you can't crash people and get take downs anymore?! :( or is there no crash physicals at all?

Back