• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm past 1k and moving up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
This Abit box I built is cranking out over ten times the work my old PPro200 dually was and soon I'll have my daughter's XP1700 Tbred-B up and running FAH too. It's nice to be rising instead of sinking in the ranks.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I noticed the flap about Stanford stopping the use of SSE by the FAH clients in all AMD CPUs.

I checked my log and the gromacs core ran a simulation first and then enabled SSE. Anyone else seeing this?

No crashes so far running gromacs cores.

verbatim

I think I saw mine say something about sse one time but didn't pay attn. Cant find in my logs anyway.
By the way, I got my dualy [email protected] configured right now and I'm just behind u on 943pts (only 25wu compleated tho-love gromacs) gunna try and beat cha. lol

*edit* 5 mins after post I am next above u on ladder.

Last edited:
OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
verbatim, you've got both CPUs folding, right?

I've just flashed my Abit with a beta bios and things look more stable for overclocking even more.

I'm also building my daughter a Shuttle microform box today with an XP1700 Tbred-B too. I'm borging it of course :D

See ya in the stats, hope you like eating my dust :p

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
DreamingWolf said:
My XP chews up gromac like nothing. don't see what all the hullaballoo is about. I set the flags and off I went.

DWolf:cool:

Then that's why I just skipped kept on with SSE as I have all my flags set too. It used to be automatic once you've set your flags and started on gromacs. Now it checks every time a new WU comes in and if you're not still set for SSE, it will go to 3dnow instead.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I don't know how much I can get out of her rig. It won't be as much as your's or mine. I'll have to crank it up since you have twins against my only child. How many WU does each of your CPUs put a day? I'm up to two but I imagine you could pump out four a day with your rig.

My next box will be a twin Barton dually. I'll sell this rig to my son for the cost of parts so I can build the next.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
verbatim said:
I love a good challenge!

yes both cpu's are folding. U gunna overclock ur daughters 1700 to 3 gig or so and kick but?

I just pulled ahead one last time.

I gotta get that other box folding asap.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Ive just started to get into folding. I have 3 in the garage mine the wifes my daughters and three at my brothers house for a total of 9. The smallest of these is a duron 1.2 the largest is a XP 2000. Im still getting my farm setup so most of the rigs at my house are not OCed ---yet. Once I get the farm situated and stable the ocing begins. Also I'm running a win based setup but I look toswitch to linux in the near future.

verbatim

I do only 2 and a bit wu's per day. But there all gromacs. Thats Y I only done half the amount of u but got the same score. I'm not permanently connected to the internet so my uploads are sporadic. I have another compleated but if u shut down [email protected] (restart etc) after u compleate a wu but before u send results, the next time u loggon it will download the next wu and not upload the finished one. Anyway keep it yup

I wont b able to keep up with twin bartons but if I get a few more parts I can put my duron 900 together.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I always liked duallies better but I threw this one together as the Abit NF7-S v2 is a phenominal O/C mobo and those dirt cheap XP1700 Tbred-Bs were too good to pass up.

Maybe they'll have a socket A dually that supports 333 out of the box when I'm in the market again. Top Bartons ought to be reasonable by then.