• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Imploading Bottle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FireMogle

I made an autofill bottle for the bong that I constructed, but I think something went wrong. The bottle just imploads and water flows freely. Maybe I need a stronger bottle.

RoadWarrior

Yeah, a rigid bottle would be better, the weight of the water is just deforming the plastic it sounds like. Maybe a shaped bottle like a 2L coke bottle would work better due to being more rigid. They still kinda oval a bit though.

A green glass wine bottle would probably look really cool if you backlit it. :)

Road Warrior

OP
FireMogle

FireMogle

its a gatorade bottle, the aprox 2 liter size, I dont have pics, but If I set it any higher than about a foot above water line, it starts to shrink in onself and eventually falls over.

nihili

Inactive Doc Logic Philosophical Mod
Ok, so you're using barometric pressure to keep the water in the bottle. Yes, You'll need a rigid container.

nihili

PigGuy

I used the same sort of thing. But the screw in cap at the top leaked and let in air, so I replaced it with a much more professionalish black rubber plug thingy. It looks better than a 2 liter bottle, but that damn valve alone cost me $7.50 ! ! !