• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

important ? for u guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I just but together a new rig and have a few questions. First of i have an x-dreamer case and when my psu is plugged in on the motherboard(NF7v2.o) there is a red light on bottom right of it near fpio1 pins is this normal?
Also i pulled out a spare hardrive i had but didnt format it and it was on an intel system. Everytime it boots up i get a error saying hd isnt working correctly shut down, fix, and reboot. Is there anyway i can format it using the new rig or something?

Gnufsh

I believe the light is normal, but I don't own an NF7, so I don't know for sure.

You can format your harddrive the way you normally would and install windows on it. You can just make a boot disk with fdisk on it, or format using the windows install cd (assuming you want to run windows, I prefer linux). I don't recall seeing your exact error before, but it may not be related to changing systems (I've actually migrated windows installs from intel to amd platforms before without any problem). You might want to run some diagnostics on it. I'm not too up on the world of windows-based HD diagnostic/troubleshooting software. If you're feeling adventourous, you could grab a gentoo install cd and use it to boot and run a badblocks scan on your harddrive.

tom10167

If you have the red light that means that your board is about to fry.

Just kidding, all that means is that current is running through the board, when you actually turn on your computer, a green light'll come on, too.

JimmyG

If you do a windows install from the installation CD where you install it over the old windows, you should be able to get back up. If that doesn't work, then do a format of the hard drive and reinstall everything.

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

Thanks a lot guys everythings working now and im on it now. I appreciate it all guys OC/forums is awesome. :) do i havce to wait or do anything before ocing my sytem? Like some burnin thing or something? Thanks

Zuzzz

Premium Member
No waiting needed. The only thing I suggest is perhaps allow your 'TIM' to set up a day or two to be sure of good heat transfer but otherwise overclock till your heart is content. . .And let us know how it goes too. Overclocking is my obsession. (Sick aint I?)

Z

PS: The red lights indicate the board is powered. Most newer boards seem to have these. I would worry only IF the lights didnt come on.

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

first day taking a shot at ocing its at stock 1.5v sandra burnin ok and prime95 tested no errors. Shes at 2.ghz now at only 32C not bad eh? Ill do more later :) where can i get 3dmark?