• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In crossfire secondary display/monitor/TV gets no signal when gaming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B-Tec

Registered
So I got a DVI monitor and a HDMI TV. The setup is obviously for 2+ persons entertainment purpose. That said my crossfire setup is working just fine when I use only one of the displays just for myself. If I wish to have the game displayed on the TV as well, then I would have to disable crossfire and use only one card. Im using CCC v15.7.1 and it seems to be the one with least problems. Both displays get signal in crossfire when in windows. As I run a game, secondary goes dark. If I run a game in windowed mode CF enabled, it would obviously just not activate CF and use just one card anyway. Displays are different in resolution, but if they run and scale with one card, then I guess its not the problem.

Some specs and facts:
-2x HD 7800's (7850 primary and 7870 secondary)
-Sony LCD 1080p 60hz HDMI and a very old, but with good contrast HP w19 LCD 1440 x 900 60hz (or 75?) DVI monitor.
-CCC reports max refresh rate for the HP monitor to be 75hz, but games always sync to 60hz.
-Does signal output ports matter? TV is HDMI and monitor is DVI. Works fine with one card anyway. Should not matter?
-Both displays are connected to the primary card as they should be.

Any ideas? Something obvious I missed?

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to work, crossfire outputs from only the primary card in the crossfire pair

Back