• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the beginning....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice to see this thread again. Like others, I lurked instead of joining for a long time... 2000 was when I stumbled on this forum/site while I was working on overclocking a K62-366... with my voodoo video card! Good times and good memories.

hmm, being here for only about a year, I had no idea about alot of this stuff. Pretty interesting. I only wish I had stumbled upon this place earlier.

I just noticed this thread, believe it or not, and the original forums started in July '99 running a css style forum software that Skip mostly coded by hand - all before going to the UBB:

Code:
Topic heading
     Question
           Reply1
           Reply2
                 Reply to Reply2
           Etc....
There were no avatars or graphics of any kind. Oh, the memories :]

I found the front page in June, but didn't start using the forums until August. Seems like Delphiforums were even used at some point (possibly before Overclockers hosted their own forums?)...I don't remember.

We have one Moderator (cw823) from that time and I'm pretty sure there is only one or two active Seniors from then. Good times.

Just a little extra history to add to a real nice post :]

Cool! Now I finally got the gist of OCF. I'll now be able to sleep in peace at night.

:beer:Very enjoyable reading here. Thanks for the history. I never knew this thread was here until I heard about it on the new PODCAST. I've been around for awhile even if I don't post as often as I should..I really enjoy the community and I hope it continues to thrive. :beer:

Wow....I really never check this part of the forums. Nice to see posts from people I haven't heard from in a while. I really never post anymore but I do like to lurk. Heck I am still running the XP 1800 Palimino I won during the AMD's Launch of the XP line of processors..... Thats how old I am.. That was a loooong time ago. I got involved because a great friend, Flounder43 got me started. We were both bored and unemployed at the time so we had lots of time to tinker and learn. Also this is the place that got me into online gaming....once the Return to castle wolfenstien Demo came out I was hooked and Flounder43 helped me build my first rig so I could play that damn game. This place provided me with something to look forward to while I was dealing with the most difficult time of my life and for that I will be truely gratefull.

Flounder43 , haven't heard that name in a while.
His squirrel cam was great.
Great thread.

Ya know you forgot a few important details in the history.

My joining
My becoming blue
My eventual takeover of OCF for nefarious purposes known only to me and a large grey feline who is currently attacking my left foot.

GJ David, I knew some of this but didnt know all of it, this fills in the blanks.

Great thread. As a new member here it's really neat to hear the history behind the OC forums. I heard about this sticky from the OC Podcast.

Wow, it really is great to read about the history of this place. I just found out about this thread today (from this thread, which I also just found out about today).

This thread really needs some updating... *nudge*nudge*

Back