• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the market for a 24 inch. LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevin007

Last edited:

Masska

Both dell and the Benq are good products.I'm on my third Dell monitor,been using them for years and their service and support is great.Although I've had an issue with my last 30", they replaced it within two days.
You may also might want to consider this http://www.benq.com.au/products/LCD/?product=1313
Very nice looking monitor with great specs

Masska

Go for it, I still have my Dell 24" (mines the previous model) and never had an issue with it. The new model you're thinking of is slimmer with less of a footprint and HDMI. A word of advice though, dont buy online, call them up if you can and speak to sales direct. By doing this I was always able to get a better deal, even better than their 'online specials'.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Thanks

I think I might get the G2400W. Thoughts?
I have two of them and they are very nice monitors.

I hear people complain about and bash TN paneled monitors, but I have yet to see ANY of the issues that people mention.

imposter

I dont really like the dell one colors suck imo. My westinghouse is nice, except when it gets hot. starts ghosting i think... but for desktop and TV replacement is rocks.

I cant not comment on the others.

JonSimonzi

My friend has a 22" Dell, not sure of the model, but he loves it. I've been a fan of Samsung's for years. First a 712n 17" regular (still use as a 2nd monitor), and a 205BW 20" widescreen. I recently bought a new Acer 24", and couldn't be happier. Only reason I didn't get the Samsung, was the Acer had a DVI input so I can hook up an xbox to it without the VGA cable.

Automata

So I've been looking around for MVA's and I came across this website, but I'm not sure if it's trust able.

http://interstatedeals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1356

Any input?
Avoid

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: INTERSTATEDEALS.COM
Created on: 11-Aug-06
Expires on: 11-Aug-08
Last Updated on: 05-Jun-07
Only 2 years? Hmm...

Also no Reseller Ratings at all...

Add to that the Westinghouse monitors are utter crap and you end up with a bad combination.

imposter

I agree with thideras on the website. But i do love my westinghouse. if only it had a fan i think the monitor would be more stable.

Automata

if only it had a fan i think the monitor would be more stable.
I'm sorry, but I have to make an example here.

If the customer has to modify the product to get it to work like advertised, they make a bad product. Didn't you also send this one in for repair when the power supply in it blew out?

OP
Kevin007

Kevin007

I'm sorry, but I have to make an example here.

If the customer has to modify the product to get it to work like advertised, they make a bad product. Didn't you also send this one in for repair when the power supply in it blew out?

Thanks for the help.

And I believe he did.

Vengance_01

I have two of them and they are very nice monitors.

I hear people complain about and bash TN paneled monitors, but I have yet to see ANY of the issues that people mention.
TN's do have their flaws. But the problem for some who have used a S-IPS panel before it hard to switch to anything eles. In the end its what makes you happy! :beer:

Shiggity

If its on sale from officemax it's likely not a higher quality panel.

The samsung 245bw and benq 2400 are both excellent 24"s though.

Automata

TN's do have their flaws. But the problem for some who have used a S-IPS panel before it hard to switch to anything eles. In the end its what makes you happy! :beer:
That is the thing, I had one of the best 19" LCD monitors and it looks exactly the same except bigger. :shrug:

But you are correct, whatever makes you happy, 3840x1200 sure does :beer:

OP
Kevin007

Kevin007

That is the thing, I had one of the best 19" LCD monitors and it looks exactly the same except bigger. :shrug:

But you are correct, whatever makes you happy, 3840x1200 sure does :beer:

Indeed, but I think that would be a little too insane for me lol