• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG IN WIN DUKE (IN WIN D-Frame 2.0 custom build) by SimpleModz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexciobanu

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Alex here back with another build log! I think it's been a while since I've been on the forums now, a lot of stuff has been happening!

I'm very happy however to bring you guys another build log with the very exclusive IN WIN D-Frame 2.0 NVIDIA Edition chassis! I am super excited to be working on this build as I find this chassis absolutely stunning! I'm not sure if there are many NVIDIA edition versions of this case around at the moment, I definitely know that this is the only one in Australia which makes it a huge privilege so I hope I can do it justice with a nice build in it!

The mods are not gonna be anything too crazy as I really don't want to change much on such a stunning case nor do I want to paint or drill into it! I will be creating some custom panels from acrylic and adding some nice vinyl effects as people that follow my work have come to expect from my builds!

I'm calling this one IN WIN DUKE, simply because the frame resembles the inner chassis of a Ducati motorcycle so nice and easy with the name there!

It's an honour again to be able to do this and have the opportunity to work with such amazing companies. The sponsors on this build are IN WIN, NVIDIA, ASUS, Western Digital, AVEXIR, Bitspower, CableMod and for the first time ever for one of my builds, INTEL, with a very unexpected package as you will from the specs below!

You can find more information about the respective vendors in the links below and follow their channels if you wish:

Intel - https://www.facebook.com/intelaustralia
NVIDIA - https://www.facebook.com/NvidiaANZ
ASUS - https://www.facebook.com/asusaustralia
IN WIN - https://www.facebook.com/INWINANZ
Western Digital - https://www.facebook.com/WDAustralia
AVEXIR - https://www.facebook.com/AVEXIR
Bitspower - https://www.facebook.com/Bitspower
CableMod - https://www.facebook.com/CableMod

Hope you guys enjoy this one!

SPECS:

Case – IN WIN D-Frame 2.0 NVIDIA Edition
Motherboard – ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU – Intel Core i7 6950X
Memory – 8 x 4GB AVEXIR Core White & Green LED DDR4
GPU – 2x NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders Edition
SLI - NVIDIA 3-Slot High Bandwidth Bridge
SSD – 120GB AVEXIR S100 Green LED
HDD - 4TB Western Digital Red Pro
PSU – In Win S-III 1065W

Cables & LEDs - CableMod

Radiators – 360mm Bitspower Leviathan Extreme, 2 x 120mm Bitspower Leviathan Slim
Fans – 5 x In Win Aurora 120mm fans
Pump – Bitspower DDC Plus with Bitspower Premium DDC Mod Top
Reservoir – 2 x Bitspower Hexagon Reservoirs
Fittings – Various Bitspower Black Sparkle Fittings
Tubing – Bitspower Crystal Link 16mm PETG
CPU/MB Block – Bitspower AIX99D Full Cover Water Block

And without any further delays, here's a good look at the case and fans that arrived from IN WIN!

GypQ2Xq.jpg

mqEuGrx.jpg

XqXt0q5.jpg

9n9zASl.jpg

KwVnKkS.jpg

1VsiZPS.jpg

3alKhex.jpg

Fll5VFk.jpg

gW3cEXY.jpg

rfSCBTF.jpg

MVHSVkh.jpg

lwymF7X.jpg

1TQuEvm.jpg

8jY9iGK.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Looks great so far Alex! Those fans are very nice looking. Not too crazy with the design, but just a bit more than standard. It's like just dipping your toes into the wild side. Definitely Subb'd

Checking in!

Thanks guys :D

Looks great so far Alex! Those fans are very nice looking. Not too crazy with the design, but just a bit more than standard. It's like just dipping your toes into the wild side. Definitely Subb'd

Thanks man! I'm loving the fans too and the awesome thing about them is if you see in that picture they have detachable connectors and you can daisy chain then with cables going between the fans and only one cable going to the connector, really cleaning up cable management :)

They are also RGB, super keen to have a play with them :)

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Welcome back :)

Just some quick photos of the gorgeous ASUS X99 Deluxe 2 motherboard which will house the 6950X monster!

I really love the redesign of this motherboard. Reinforced PCI-E slots, M.2 support and some nice RGB LED additions.

vIaPqQR.jpg

7qqmaUH.jpg

I'll have to remove that pink sticker :p

1MpOm8d.jpg

AZFfxf0.jpg

HazLpye.jpg

That's pretty much it, nice and quick for this one! I'll keep the pics and hardware pr0n going hehe

Cheers,

Alex

What all the others have said ^^ I'm liking the PSU though, that's pretty schnazzy with the one-way mirror.

What all the others have said ^^ I'm liking the PSU though, that's pretty schnazzy with the one-way mirror.

Thanks mate! And yup, the PSU is awesome, one way mirrored tempered glass :D

- - - Updated - - -

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are some quick photos of the Bitspower hardware I am using in this build. You will find some very interesting looking reservoirs :)

j31suh0.jpg

N7DPvQG.jpg

a3wpe8w.jpg

z3HUFYd.jpg

VYcePBG.jpg

k10XOrC.jpg

05h9YHm.jpg

A9WpGWq.jpg

iw6Nyp3.jpg

For the radiators I've chosen 2 x 120mm instead of 1 x 240mm because I just want to make a feature out of them in the front of the case. Might look more interesting with a tube running between them than with just a single 240mm :)

Thanks for checking it out and stay tune for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Holy crap Alex! Those are some funky reservoirs, but if I'm looking right they have some awesome options for connecting them together. :clap:

They're pretty cool looking and it's great to use something different. Basically they have a G1/4" thread on every side with a cap that fits in with an o-ring that compresses as you tighten it. This allows the caps to sit perfectly inside and flush with the edges, a bit different from screw on caps that stick out. As for connecting them together I'll be using some rotary male to male G1/4" small extenders :)

- - - Updated - - -

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys,

I have the full cover water block from Bitspower mounted to the ASUS X99 Deluxe II motherboard and the interesting thing about this is that the full cover block was designed for the first generation ASUS X99 Deluxe however still perfectly fits on the Deluxe II :)

This is definitely a great thing to know that the PCB design hasn't changed!

Check out the pics below, the full cover water block definitely looks awesome!

hiDXG3v.jpg

VK2PEwd.jpg

DGnxLoD.jpg

B5RhYNb.jpg

2zq9bye.jpg

qjHNNyU.jpg

wkHHC2W.jpg

6fkjilc.jpg

Sn4qJIk.jpg

mx8X9xZ.jpg

fJIXxGS.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are some pr0n shots of the gorgeous NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics cards! I know you may have seen these before but I absolutely love the look of the cards. I always liked the reference design however when they release the new Founders Edition with the 10 series I just feel in love. I love them so much I am leaving them air cooled at the start in the build before I water cool them.

Check them out!

fvDaAEP.jpg

Cg4G60t.jpg

Z6bmD7r.jpg

xvqBUKd.jpg

v7ZgZ4P.jpg

FFroCjn.jpg

DnH09Qo.jpg

wiqXFAG.jpg 3

jxEG5R5.jpg

KmeYAdj.jpg

stxQup9.jpg

eCbsPWf.jpg

rMWLuzW.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

I did an overview video on the case which give you a good look at it's features and design and I also talk a bit about what inspired the IN WIN D-Frame chassis :)

Hope you guys enjoy! If you like my content please like the video and subscribe. Also if you check out the channel you will see further content on the build which I already released since the build log is a bit behind as the build had to be finished for a PAX Australia display.

Check out the video below:

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a closer look at the acrylic plates I made and also the build loop plan :)

And yes I know the cable routing holes are not perfect however the vinyl will cover that and cables as well. Unfortunately at this point I was running out of time for PAX AUS.

zg0k08k.jpg

UybCmNO.jpg

otaaj95.jpg

RzxNuKM.jpg

m9tMjC2.jpg

NMQ9CaR.jpg

buEyxq6.jpg

pC9lUJ3.jpg

HCEVgs6.jpg

PE1mTzB.jpg

1u2qzoS.jpg

0tuQGUJ.jpg

pGSv6Tk.jpg

y6ohWX2.jpg

knfdJec.jpg

bFBlWi4.jpg

TPU2I6Q.jpg

wh4tmgx.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys,

I have another update for you and looking at wrapping up this build log soon. I was meant to keep posting an update every day in order to get it up to date with the status of the build at the moment but things always keep getting in the way. I'm super busy leading up to Christmas at the moment, trying to wrap everything up.

Anyways, here we go! This update will include most of the vinyl work that I've done to add details to the build.

Firstly, the PSU. I added an NVIDIA claw logo on the side where it lights up and also due to the way the PSU sits in the case, I added white vinyl to it so that the In Win D-Frame writing stands out more once the PSU is in. Check it out in the pics.

6FvIskp.jpg

CwSKGRM.jpg

sfRgXKt.jpg

1RfqcOo.jpg

I didn't want to remove the label completely as I like the PSU information that is seen just above the D-Frame logo, I think it suits the build nicely this way.

I then added the abstract design to the acrylic panels of which I talk more about in an upcoming video for where I got the inspiration from. But let me know what you guys think of the design. This is also carried forward on other components too.

1ySUuBr.jpg

MNbLYum.jpg

BP9Pj87.jpg

u2D6zzw.jpg

Intel logo on the CPU block, I think it suits it nicely plus it's good to have on for events.

4UcD7yw.jpg

GkBxkfu.jpg

Another shot of the PSU! I just love the way the white vinyl brings out the D-Frame logo on the PSU mount.

sQglMWm.jpg

Furthermore I had these WD HDDs laying around from another build. Some of you may have seen it, my IN WIN LUX build. Anyways, I changed the gold vinyl to white in order to suit this build.

EL26BKq.jpg

ikb56hJ.jpg

And here it is mounted in

oSFzoyt.jpg

XySe60j.jpg

The same design from the acrylic panels on the case was carried on to the side of the 360mm radiator but this time white on black instead of black on white. This will give a nice contrast in the build.

2UcnNLY.jpg

fATRLaG.jpg

C1pdzmF.jpg

SLrmDUS.jpg

Even thought these fans will not be seen I still like to add vinyl to them. So I alternate between NVIDIA and In Win logo.

9ToRaH0.jpg

D6ZvxAw.jpg

sUgv99v.jpg

jJZcjBN.jpg

dNodezw.jpg

bQZ9RJl.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Back