• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG IN WIN DUKE (IN WIN D-Frame 2.0 custom build) by SimpleModz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm back with another update, as promised I am trying my best to wrap up this build log soon and get it to the status of the build at the moment.

Here are some shots of the 6950X CPU in all its glory! I think it deserves a few photos of it's own. This is the first X edition CPU I ever received and it's a great honour to get to use this CPU. Before receiving it I wasn't aware that I was getting an X edition and I honestly couldn't believe it when it arrived. I still barely can! I was staring at the CPU for a few days after it arrived hahaha as I just couldn't believe it.

Anyways, here it is!

MFOrqzE.jpg

3iM51td.jpg

Furthermore, here are the progress shots for the work I did on the back panel of the case. I cut a piece of acrylic that is mounted using some longer CPU stand-off screws in order to cover the cables and clean things up a bit.

MCDXYRC.jpg

HTJPKjR.jpg

1mNRzYL.jpg

POrE1W6.jpg

Arlt804.jpg

eYwr4wd.jpg

BQ1AQRr.jpg

I also added vinyl in the same style on the back panel too!

AZoXq6x.jpg

J7vcnqE.jpg

0TgD3B1.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

Here it is! The build is nearly done at this point! I shot this just before filling the build up and sending it to PAX.

I also did a video talking a bit about the design and things I did as well as showing how I assemble most of it.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

NYBnxiZ.jpg

io5FNbX.jpg

kFBDpjm.jpg

CyOzIRj.jpg

ROo0Xqr.jpg

Sht8Sck.jpg

wZmDZgo.jpg

GIZDYpJ.jpg

3N0FxYq.jpg

5sPuAYD.jpg

iMZ8Edt.jpg

gAPlVL4.jpg

0wiyg4K.jpg

EeaW2gT.jpg

I will have some more pics plus the coverage from PAX AU. The build is back home now but I've yet to take final pics and video of it as I ran into some issues with the fan LEDs that I am hoping to fix.

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys!

Just thought you might want to see more around the back of the case, how the cables were routed and how the cover panel cleans things us really nicely.

9iD89Pt.jpg

PeOorEl.jpg

HvztChz.jpg

lLVZWGX.jpg

In Win Aurora controller stuck to the back.

jDfEwUA.jpg

JR45sMi.jpg

DIHOnEq.jpg

vwqcCpa.jpg

A85IV2U.jpg

7TGyevj.jpg

bYYhxMI.jpg

OYOOrbv.jpg

oUxDVZz.jpg

rRMIbnH.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! I'll have the PAX content up next and final pics and video I only just shot the other day. I'll need to put it all together and then I can share it with you guys.

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hey guys!

Here are the PAX AU photos of the build and also a video I did of some of my other case mods at PAX as well as other cool builds from Aussie modders!

PAX AU video -

j0f5Z64.jpg

UszoeJ4.jpg

9qnvWFn.jpg

CkimCHD.jpg

PZELTtN.jpg

vIZRv3f.jpg

wx6C8iE.jpg

kvWADdd.jpg

d4YJjZb.jpg

IM5wW6m.jpg

x5UMI6w.jpg

EV4vKhD.jpg

SH0flB7.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

AhzQM7t.jpg

Hi guys,

The final showcase video is here.

Hope you guys like it! It was a bit tricky finding a suitable song so I went with something a bit different and had a play with it :)

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Back