• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IN9 32Max memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Hey folks! To start off I have always been an Abit fan and for those of you that remember me back in the day you'll recall I used to dig em. With that said I recently put together a new build, however, I may have gotten in a little "over my head" if you will. I grabbed an IN9 32 MAX and well for lack of a better description has "been interesting". My first one was DOA so I sent back to Newegg, but waited too long and lost my opportunity for replacement. I then sent it back to Abit (November of 07) and they have yet to return a replacement. I go to the RMA site, it shows they have it and also shows that they never sent one back. I guess they've just decided to keep mine and blow me off apparently. They refuse to respond either via email or phone messages. with that said I eventually bought another with the idea they might someday return the original and a spare might not be a bad thing. I now have a $500.00 motherboard in my rig LOL. With all the BIOS flashing I had to do, the keyboard issues, the error codes etc. I'm thinking I just might have screwed up with this board. I have purchased more than 200 Abit boards (work machines) and automatically just bought this board based on my experience and their reputation along with the idea that I may get back into "overclocking again". I am now just yearning for a damn stable rig....nothing more. My issue is I can't even get my Corsair XMS PC2-8500 C5 to even run at 1066. It shows 800 no matter what I seem to do. I set the voltage to 2.1 and have used the Guru section in the BIOS for just about ever combo. Now I am rusty, but damn I can't even achieve a stock setup that's stable. Any advice and or links would be appreciated....sigh.

Running:
Abit IN9 32MAX (13 BIOS)
E6750 stock bus
Corsair XMS PC2-8500 C5
MSI 8800 Vid card
SB Audigy
RAID 5 on 3 500's and a Raptor for the OS

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I have searched the forums prior to posting, but don't see a helluva lot of info on this guy for whatever reason. Maybe I'm just an idiot and am missing something.