• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increase Your Voltages! Easy!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danorthface

if you guys unplug and replug in your ATX adaptor a few times, it'll get better contact and will cause less resistence. So your voltages increase. I watched my 3.33 volt line drop to 3.12.. So i did what was described above and it's back to normal now. You can also do it on the molex's too

GHOST_Viper

Registered
Don't follow that advice.

Plugging and unplugging any sort of connector loosens it over time, making it have WORSE contact, therefore HIGHER resistance and therefore more HEAT as well.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

OP
D

danorthface

so what you're saying is to let it be at 3.12 volts and get a new psu? Why not make it last a little longer? And what do you mean more heat? The resistence in the contact won't even get the wire warm.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Both are true. If you work the contacts TOO much they will get loose and you will lose conductivity. however, if the contacts are not clean then un plugging and replugging it may clean them off and raise the voltages.

Angry

I think basicly you can do it some,
But its like overclocking..if you do too much of it...then you eventualy push it to the breaking/burning point...