• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incredibly low 3dmark 2001 SE scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
we could argue about this all day lol.

Yes, i have seen peoples scores drop with dx9. but its nothing like the majority that you speak of. Nobody i know persnally has seen a drop in scores, and i havnt seen that many posts about it either. One or two, yes. But not many.

shiltz said:
stupid question, but what exactly does V-sync do? keep seeing people say turn it off to fix low scores so it's obviously taking a lot of computing cycle, what's it doing with them?

it syncs the the framereate to the monitor refresh rate, so if your refresh is at 75, then 75fps is the max you can get. benchmarking is about the only time to have this option off, because when it is turned off, you get tearing. that is where the card renders the next frame before the monitor refreshes. i think all that is right :) if not someone will correct it.

Point taken ;)

I never posted about it becasue...for one...my 8RDA+ died about 2 weeks later...from a bad vdd mod...secondly...because I knew what dropped my score...as soon as I did a reinstall and left DX 8.1 on...my scores where right back up in the high 10's

But I also go to more then just OC to read up on things...I go to about 10 or 11 other forums also and have noticed people in other forums posting about how just installing DX 9 hurt their 2001 score...but helped there 2003 score a little...me..it never did effect my 2003 score...still just barley over 1,000

So yes, there is a possibilty of DX 9 being a major problem for this members score...

But also there could be settings either in windows or the BIOS that they have changed and forgot about that could of hampered the score also...Like Fast write not enabled...or having the BIOS shadow option enabled and other things...those two things alone could lower someones score by around 500 marks right there...

snyper1982 said:

it syncs the the framereate to the monitor refresh rate, so if your refresh is at 75, then 75fps is the max you can get. benchmarking is about the only time to have this option off, because when it is turned off, you get tearing. that is where the card renders the next frame before the monitor refreshes. i think all that is right :) if not someone will correct it.

VSYNC is a term used to describe how a graphics board renders and displays an image to the display. With VSYNC On, the graphics board draws one frame of a scene, and waits for the monitor to display it before starting the next frame.

Yes you are pretty much right :D

use 40.72 drivers....i have a ti4600 and they work better than any of the newer ones. not much up on the max fps, but it rarely drops by more than 25 at most fps in any test in 3dmark2k1. and now after reading this im gonna get a new psu, lol. 350 watt on a 1.4 athlon (im putting in a 2100+ tomorrow or so) a gig of ram, the gf4, 3 hds...ect... i think my ****s running on its last little bits of power.

anyways, get the 40.72 and try them.

I have DirectX 9, WinXP and the 44.03 drivers and my score is perfectly normal... about 11,500 (with my card clocked at 275/620 or thereabouts).

*waits for my NF2 board to be fixed so I can reach the 11,500 mark with my GF3 Ti 200* ;)...I WILL get this GF3 Ti200 at 11,500 before I replace it...

Well, i just chipped the edge off of my 1700 off trying to put a heatsink on... So it looks like i'l concentrate on getting that working again before i get my 3dmark scores up. It runs games ok for now, i'll try everything you all suggested to get it running better. I'll check back later when i can concentrate more time to this rig. Thanks so much for all your help guys!

Bullfrog

man... I feel for you..have done that once or twice...but mine never worked after doing something like that...hopefully things start to work out better for you....

Back