• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

info burned on win98 cannot be read by winxp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Hey good people!
I have lost some important info off of my hard drive and my only back ups are burnt onto disk...the prob is it was burned when I had win98 on the system...and now win xp will not read the disk?!?!
Is there a way to access this info w/ out having to re-install win 98?
I do not want to have a dual boot at present...I am not willing to lose my existing partitions to win98..unless it will install into the same partition as win xp w/ out messing it up...I dunno:eh?:

Monaco

that sounds odd! CD data is supposed to be all interchangeable, regardless of OS. If my brain is working, the storage format is called CDFS.

Is there a chance you burned it in some odd format? When you use Explorer to show the disc's properties, what does it tell you about it's file system?

xCarne_Asada

Puer Aeternus said:
Fixed it...I was able to get some of the info I needed..has to do w/ a patch for windows xp. it is installed and I can read some of my cd's now...I have not tried all of them yet.

what is the patch cause i have the same problem?