• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovation Cooling Giveaway - Perihelion Thermal Compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
Introduction

Innovation Cooling is beta field testing our new thermal Compound "Perihelion"prior to formal release of the product and are offering OCF members first opportunity to assist us in this test.

Perihelion is a low cost ceramic based compound and will be offered in a 4 gm custom tube on final release. It is 20% lighter by weight than ICD so volume fill on the tube will be equal to the 4.8 grams volume application amount of a tube as ICD24. MSRP is expected to be $6.99 per tube.

Innovation Cooling has bench tested nearly all the competitive thermal interface materials released in the last year and found none that beat it (more info in the test phase) Perihelion is non conductive and bulk loaded over 91% for long term high reliability.

100 of the Perihelion and 100 of IC Diamond will be given away, one of each to every participant.

Our priority is the Perihelion tested against user installed compound and an optional third test with ICD. Gentleman's Agreement that results will be posted within 1 month of receipt

Who Qualifies?

Must meet one of the Following

• 1)Must have a valid account at OCF for over 180 days

• 2) Must agree to test the product and give feedback to the forum, and thusly to Innovation Cooling (Current load/idle/ambient temps then load/idle/ambient temps with Periheilion)

• 3) Must be a citizen/resident of the US or Canada . The more data you feed, the better off this will work. You'll also be able to get assistance with your products and/or methods as well.

How to get your sample

• Post here saying that you agree to test for Innovation Cooling and are stating that you will absolutely give results.

• PM me with a topic Title of "Perihelion" with your name, shipping address(in a format we can cut and paste), and validity of your qualifications.
The first 100 qualifying members will receive their free ICD and our new compound Perihelion

We would like to firstly get CPU results, but feel free to post before and after results of Perihelion or on your GPU's, NB's, and Laptops. We've had great results in all these applications.

The TIM results thread will go live on once we have enough tubes shipped out and await all member's data results.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to working with you all and hopefully learning something in the process!

Cheers!

Joe C
Innovation Cooling

Dusnoetos

I will bite at this......

I would be glad to participate. I am willing to test this on a few of my computers. I am more than happy to post results.

Last edited:

onefstsnake

I would love to try this out! Ive been meaning to pick up your IC Diamond but havent been to Microcenter lately.

I would test it out on my i7 920 @ 3.8ghz (running H-50 w/ stock TIM) Also on my Phenom x2 545 @ 3.3ghz (using CNPS9900)
As well as my old Athlon X2 6000+ @ 3.3ghz (using CNPS9700)

Thanks

bing

Low Profile Senior
• 3) Must be a citizen/resident of the US or Canada . The more data you feed, the better off this will work. You'll also be able to get assistance with your products and/or methods as well.

Too bad, really wish you could make few exceptions here. :cry:

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Hmmm, do they want results for sub-ambient cooling? I'd love to see how it does for that.

Shootin' out a PM.

Ancient_1

I would be happy to test them for you on both my 8400 (currently using OCZ Freeze) and my 920 (currently using IC7) and will post my results here.

Last edited:

muddocktor

Retired
Count me in, Joe. I missed out on the IC diamond testing, but will gladly give this a try. And I have both air and water rigs I can test it with too. Get the stuff to me within a week and that gives me another week to test with. I also already have some MX2 and Ceramique too.

EDIT: BTW, PM sent.

Last edited:

Elfie

I live in the UK so don't qualify but I'll be very interested in the results as I've been disappointed with the IC Diamond.

Bobnova

I'm in, i'll give 'em a whirl with my HDT-1283 and a watercooling setup as well.
PM'll be on the way shortly.

OP
J

JoeC

Inactive Moderator
For you international people - I do have giveaway's scheduled Australia with Richard email who is my rep there so contact him for Australia and Asia. I also have another ongoing in the UK with ICD Overclockertech I will make arrangements for Perihelion with them soon for distribution at minimum you should be able to get on board with the ICD giveaway there and feel free to post results here.

overclockerstechUKJan52010.jpg