• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insanity...3 GPU's on one card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The '06 score was on a highly overclocked machine. I'd like to see some results with something more reasonable for the everyday gamer.

Who said that's ugly? That's one of the sexiest things ever seen! Great work with links ppl.

Get ready guys... ATI and NVIDIA are going down the multi GPU on one card route... Why?

Focus your money on a medium priced GPU... then mass produce them... and put multiples on one card!

How about the abundantly clear heat issue that one GPU is producing... it has became a major problem as you can see in articles... split that heat on two different chips and you dont have the same issues.

Hoe about the ability to maybe cut down on power requirements per processor (and cut down on heat), allowing you not to buy that 1000W PSU that wont fit in 80% of the Cases out their.

Expect even more to start popping up... 4 on one card... 8... 16....

Hopefully they wont be individually chips, but chips built to work together, with fast pipelines to each other, memory management etc... Maybe you will see a single chip on your card that is 4 chips but that is the size of half a dollar bill.

ATI was right... producing high price tag items, that few buy, with little profits prevented them from focussing on their mainstream processors. By doing what they did, they forced Nvidia's prices down, causing a gap in graphics cards from 260-400 range. I think Nvidia is leaking money trying to keep up with ATI's low prices, because guess what, the 9800 is out and its only available in the x2 version!

Last edited:
Who said that's ugly? That's one of the sexiest things ever seen! Great work with links ppl.

the nVidia fan boy said its ugly...but yeah that looks good and it should be benched on a more reasonable cpu not a 1500$ one.... these people man the 3870x2 will prob get the same score with that cpu that thing was 4.6 or something around that area

nice card though i wouldn't mind having it =)

I am not an nvidia fan boy, I would buy ati if ati had a card for the same price as the 8800gts 512 thats better. Its my oppinion that the card looks ugly, that does not make me a fan boy. The only reason you call me a fan boy is because you have an ati card and don't like it when people say they dislike ati.

I want one.......If only for the circus freak show factor...

the real question I have is: how much power does that monster need???
It also makes me think of high end workstation cards...

It is nice to see people thinking out side the box, even if this thing never makes it to market...

Last edited:
stop hatin...dont be mad at ATi cuz they gonna do somethin nvidia can't..hell nvidia can't even get 2 gpus on one board..its badass thats all there is to it

Uhm, what? ATI's dual GPU solution can't compare to the GX2. Add on an extra 3870 for good measure/trifire and it still doesn't beat a GX2. Even a pair of 3870X2 in crossfire has a hard time keeping up.

I don't come to the ATI board trolling in favor of Nvidia, but when I see nonsense like that, I just can't keep quiet.

So 'stop hatin' don't be mad at Nvidia 'cuz' they gonna do somethin ATI can't - make a decent core ;)

Uhm, what? ATI's dual GPU solution can't compare to the GX2. Add on an extra 3870 for good measure/trifire and it still doesn't beat a GX2. Even a pair of 3870X2 in crossfire has a hard time keeping up.

I don't come to the ATI board trolling in favor of Nvidia, but when I see nonsense like that, I just can't keep quiet.

So 'stop hatin' don't be mad at Nvidia 'cuz' they gonna do somethin ATI can't - make a decent core ;)

Pure poetry.

as long as it works together and not like Xfire as GreenJelly said, as in ANYthing will use all the cores, i would get one.

Beat me to it - was going to post about the Voodoo 5 with its 4 GPUs. Probably not even as fast as a budget card nowadays though.. heh.

I remember someone benched it and it was about as fast as a Geforce 3 in Quake III.

In the current system actually GPU's at least ATI's are multi cored.

For what your saying, an acutal dual core GPU, would be far too costly to the manufacture. The dies are so big that if one core crapped out it would cost an arm and a leg per chip that did this.

So if an actual dual core GPU was made + the bigger die, would we see mental GPU clock speeds? Like almost close to CPU speeds? Would they run cooler as well with the larger surface?

Back