• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

Problem is called out in this thread Link

I use win xp pro .

I have run my anti-virus and found no problems. I can not even update through the windows update web site. Downloads and then when it comes to start installing it just hangs.

I can get NO programs to install.

System specs are in my sig. 1st gaming system but I'm sure it's a xp problem since the twin system has no problems at all.

skab

Don't suppose you have your restore function enabled in XP? Last time I ran into this problem I got a message that a DLL file was missing, wanna say DLL.loader? but not sure, if I remember right would'nt even let me do a repair but could try to reinstall XP from with in Windows, will keep all programs and files if it works. I just did that last week with 2000Pro and all I had to do was reinstall a couple of drivers.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Make sure you're logged on as Administrator, or an account with Administrative priviliges. Also, check to make sure the "Windows Installer" service (MSIServer) isn't disabled...Start | Run | Type services.msc and click OK | Right click "Windows Installer" and select "Properties | "Manual" is the preferred setting (and also the default), under the "Startup type" field.

OP
Remove

Remove

I checked and windows installer is set to manual. I think I will try and do a repair or reinstall tonight after work.

OP
Remove

Remove

Tried a repair and everything went ok.

Until.....

Windows fully loaded and started up. BAM!!! Blue Screen of DEATH!!!!! Told me to find a new or updated bios. Error message was "stop:0x0000008E"

I am trying a fresh install now and the install could not copy a file. I checked the disc and I have a massive crack in it that was not there when I put the disc in. My cd/rw broke my frickin disc!!!!!!!!!
It is a Samsung 52-32-52.

Talk about having a screwed up day! I'm using another one right now and hoping I don't have any product key issues.

Does anyone know if ms will replace discs? I know it will probably cost but I really do not want to pay full price for another copy again. If I have to then Samsung will be hearing from me.

I have to quit the install now because I have a Christmas party tonight so I have to pretend to be in a good mood and go be friggin jolly.

HO

Ho

Ho

Bah ****ing humbug!!!!! LOL

OP
Remove

Remove

ound the problem. Worm named Nachi. I obviously got it at the lan I attended last weekend as the date on the file was 3 hours after I got setup at the lan.!!! :mad: :mad:

OP
Remove

Remove

Neither norton or trojan hunter found it until I reinstalled windows. Once I did both my norton and trojan hunter both went off!!!

glock19owner

if you did get this from a LAN...you should contact the admin of the LAN party and let them know what happened...odds are the worm spread to everyone that didnt have a virus program running...and that was probably 90% of the people there since...like me...when I go to a LAN I turn mine off since I am on a private network...dont think I will be doing that anymore...