• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installed a 120-Ultra extreme and still stuck at 3.83

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penixor

CPU is a E3110 and i beefed up the volts to 1.375 to hit 3.83 and i got errors 45 seconds into a call of duty 4 game. This is the same result as it was earlier this week when i still had my stock cooler on and the temperatures are 15 degress cooler. So at this point im assuming its my ram and i even ran my RAM at 2.1 volts and a 5-5-5-15 on 4gb of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682023112.

Any ideas?

jordon

Yea that chip will probably need more vcore that kind of oc.. You should read a bit more on here and figure out what people use to test there stable oc's. prime 95 etc..

KillrBuckeye

CPU is a E3110 and i beefed up the volts to 1.375 to hit 3.83 and i got errors 45 seconds into a call of duty 4 game. This is the same result as it was earlier this week when i still had my stock cooler on and the temperatures are 15 degress cooler. So at this point im assuming its my ram and i even ran my RAM at 2.1 volts and a 5-5-5-15 on 4gb of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682023112.

Any ideas?
Why not put your RAM on a divider to run it slower than FSB to rule it out as the cause of the instability?

Xaeryan

Well, you got your temps in check, so as you and the other posters mentioned, it comes to down more voltage for that E3110, or better RAM. What speed is your RAM rated for, as that link brings up a few different selections?
Your FSB = 425.5MHz (3.83 / 9). Since DDR is double rate, IF you are running at a 1:2 FSB:RAM divider, you would need RAM that at least is capable of (851 * 2) = 1702MHz. A pretty tall order considering your tight timings... none seem to meet this requirement on Newegg for the link you gave. Soooo, my questions are two-fold: what are the specs of your RAM, and what is your FSB to RAM divider?
My suggestion is similar to the previous poster's: reduce your FSB:RAM divider to something well within its spec, back off your memory timings, and go back to stock RAM voltages. If your problems stop, it's the RAM. If they continue, start playing with CPU voltages (but still leave the RAM at conservative settings). My $.02. :)