• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing MSIX files on Win7 machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I'm stumped. I have some software from Affinity, and the installer file is a .msix (NEW TO ME).

Can this file type be installed on my Win7 rig. Affinity says it's not possible to install, but I thought I'd check here just in case. Sure wish they had left the end-users know this BEFORE downloading!

I was all set to be snarky and all with my answer but alas.
From what I can find, MSIX is zipped file format. As best I can tell, only works with Win 10 ver 1809 and above.

You *might* be able to open the file using WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR by changing the .msix to .zip instead. If you can do anything with those files is a completely different question.

I was all set to be snarky and all with my answer but alas.
From what I can find, MSIX is zipped file format. As best I can tell, only works with Win 10 ver 1809 and above.

You *might* be able to open the file using WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR by changing the .msix to .zip instead. If you can do anything with those files is a completely different question.

Thanks for the info. I had come up with the same, wasn't sure if there was back way into it. Still waiting on the company. Guess this will go on my Win10 laptop crap!

Back