• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeadPool

Disabled
What does one long beep after another mean when installing a new mother board. everything gets power, just a black screen and one long beep after antther....

o770

on AWARD bioses this is usually due to the system memory not being detected. they r long beeps in a endless loop, but you may want to take a look at the manual of the board.

OP
DeadPool

DeadPool

Disabled
arhg i put the old motherboard in b/c i have a cs tourny in 2 hours. it powers up to a black screen. nothing happens.

subconcept

It usualy does mean no ram or problem reading it.
Is it the same ram that your using in both comps?
If you have more then one stick, try one, and then try the other to see if they are working ok. There is a chance your ram is being picky with your motherboard, for instance my A7V333 had problems with samsung ram, i switched to Nanya and it worked fine. If this is new ram this could be the problem. Most stores if you just bought it will let you swap it for a different brand.
Make sure the ram is seated right.

OP
DeadPool

DeadPool

Disabled
it's the same ram that was in there bofore, i tried the ram in here still didn't work...... this is getting my so frustrated