• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing ThermalTake DDR passive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Ok, just received my Tt Copper memory heatsink and heat spreader kit for DDR. It comes with this tape that looks to be thermal tape :rolleyes:. Has anyone tried to install these with using something like AS3 or Ceramique? They have a retention bar that holds them on so I don't need to use adhesive but is it recomended to use this tape?

you can use as3 on it but dont get it on the pins of your memory or it could be condictive and short pins out and screw you up. ;)

how tight does the retention bar thing hold them on? its proably suffiecient to hold them on just need some greese between the chips and heatsink. It hardly needs lots of pressure like a cpu core does it.

It seems like they are tight enough to hold it on and I don't move this PC around much so it should be ok with them.

I was thinking more of using Ceramique to do it instead AS3 as the whole conductive thing worries me :) plus it works better in my opinion. I am waiting for an email back from Tt to see what they say.

Back