• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing win2kpro on a USB2.0 drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
Fightingpiper

Fightingpiper

Well i finally ripped off the "Warrenty void of seal broken" stickers and pulled the HD out and now have it formatting as we speak.....hopefully I won't ever have a problem with the drive so i dont have to send it back.....:)

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
Make sure you have a BIOS option to boot to it, if not, then you can't boot to it.

OP
Fightingpiper

Fightingpiper

The bios does have the option to boot from a usb HD but it doesn't want to work...Oh well I'll Just have an empty USB HD case laying around till I have enough $ to get another HD for it. It was kinda nice to have the portability but heck I got the darn thing sooooo cheap it was worth it just for the drive itself. thanks!

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
yeah, i had to try to get one of those units working myself at work. I think i tried everything. The BIOS supported it at 1.1 and at 2.0, but neither worked. I did a simple system transfer (sys e: ) to it, and no luck.. tried a bunch of stuff, no dice.. ended up just returning hem.

OP
Fightingpiper

Fightingpiper

well i treid removing the Hd from the USB box and just use it as a regular HD but there must be some low level formating done because it has 4 partitions and when I try to delete them they just return......Oh well It goes back to being just an mp3 storage drive i guess....