• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insulation~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Ok~ Im doing a external rad setup for my xp 1600~ ive been doing it for a few months~ BUT~ now its getting 40-20f out and it SUX~ i learned the hardway tonight that after 40f i get MAJOR condencation~ Ideas?
Spyder

aenigma

Get pipe insulation, it slides over your hose.
You will need to insulate around your socket, and insulate the block like Klownin already said.You might try looking around at hardare stores for insulation tape.

TerroH8er

i'm not an expert at this stuff but I've heard that you should usedielectric grease in the socket holes so you don't short out the socket

aenigma

Yep that too, dielectric grease in the socket holes and inside of the socket.Silicone around the socket(not on the socket!)and on the back of the motherboard over the socket.Then a neoprene gasket around the socket that doesn't push against the block, and is air tight....
Oh and block insulation of course....