• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel A770/A750 reviews out, questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

so the intel "big boys" are out soon on Oct 12th and the reviewers are getting their samples

whats every one think so far?
i think i am gonna get one, provided i can figure out where the heck they are going to be sold

They call that a preview, not a review, since they haven't released their own test results yet. If they follow the other players, we might get independent test results just before launch.

I have won a discount voucher previously. Intel haven't yet given any details how it can be used, or what it might be worth in local currency, but that could make the pricing even more attractive for a test system.

some more info.
interestingly i still havent found a pre order or any place saying they will be selling the cards on the 12th

i saw that, however its not a crazy markup, it seems about right considering conversion and what not.
i did find this place:

but i think i like my card info to be with legit companies

The performance looks pretty good ... but good for the last year, not now when RTX4000 is released the same day, and the next month we will see new Radeons. I'm curious about how far they will go in the upcoming year. If they reached the performance of RTX3080 at ~250W, then it would be great. RTX3060/3060Ti performance is just average nowadays. Let's say A770/750 are good cards for 1080p, especially for the price, and that's about all.

The performance looks pretty good ... but good for the last year, not now when RTX4000 is released the same day, and the next month we will see new Radeons. I'm curious about how far they will go in the upcoming year. If they reached the performance of RTX3080 at ~250W, then it would be great. RTX3060/3060Ti performance is just average nowadays. Let's say A770/750 are good cards for 1080p, especially for the price, and that's about all.
The market for the Arc cards is very different than anyone looking at the announced 40 series cards, and the RDNA3 cards will probably be more like a 40. The lower end cards that will go against the Arc cards probably wont arrive until well into next year.

Also I feel the A700 cards seem to be 1440p sweet spot. Existing data suggests they scale up better than their competition, probably due to driver optimisation lacking the more it gets CPU limited than GPU limited.

It will be interesting to see who buys Arc. It does feel like many enthusiasts might get one as something new to play with on the side, but how many will buy one as their only GPU instead of the established duo?

Good question.

I need a 1440/165hz capable card. So seems like it wouldn't work in most titles. :(

i feel like if intel sticks with this as time goes on we'll see some AMD style performance improvements with the drivers and A7xx could be taking on higher tier cards.

i plan on getting one (obviously) but more out of collectability/curiosity. I'm also trying to score a sick deal on a used 3xxx card to use in my minor system and by the time i major upgrade my main system with a ryzen 3d v cache 7xxx chip next year (hopefully) we'll have some more choices from all 3

i say all 3 because i feel like intel isnt telling all but they could just as easily say eff it and leave the market all together again

Good points. Low price points and and good performance is where the money is at. Mkst people rock 1080/60 which these are mkre than capable of... so if they can compete on price, it's only better for us as the consumer. Competition in the high end would be awesome too, lol!

i game at 1080 and what ever max FPS i can get. currently using a 32" screen and the DPI at 1080 i think is fine, the refresh rate is what i was after (165). I also want my games to look like games too, not huge into realism.
now that might change when i get my own place because i'll buy a 4k OLED but we'll see. I'm currently using a system made from mostly spare parts too...

Its interesting for sure.
Cant say I would be interested in switching anytime soon, but I will be curious to see what this does overall in the GPU sector.

yeesh:

hope this sounds like a mistake on their part but i hope it doesnt have much bearing on their GPU stuff.
also still cant find it, newegg now shows no products matching that search when i look for the a770 instead of giving me a bunch of cpu mobo bundles like it was doing before, and it knows to look in the GPU section

hope this sounds like a mistake on their part but i hope it doesnt have much bearing on their GPU stuff.
Hidden article so can't see it, but I note the sub-headline is "Companywide cuts will hit sales and marketing especially hard". The question is where those cuts are, and some areas are more vulnerable than others. Also for scale context, a quick search suggests Intel has over 100k employees worldwide. Thousands in that is pretty small, unless you happen to be one of the affected.

The market for the Arc cards is very different than anyone looking at the announced 40 series cards, and the RDNA3 cards will probably be more like a 40. The lower end cards that will go against the Arc cards probably wont arrive until well into next year.

Also I feel the A700 cards seem to be 1440p sweet spot. Existing data suggests they scale up better than their competition, probably due to driver optimisation lacking the more it gets CPU limited than GPU limited.

It will be interesting to see who buys Arc. It does feel like many enthusiasts might get one as something new to play with on the side, but how many will buy one as their only GPU instead of the established duo?

Arc seems to be a competition for something like RTX3060/Ti or RX6600-6700. Its starting prices in the EU are a bit higher than the RX6600XT/RTX3060. Still, 3060Ti or RX6700XT are faster and cost not much more right now. Most of those who wanted a graphics card with this performance, already got it as both Nvidia and AMD options are available for a long time. I'm not saying that the A770 is bad, but this is a card for 1080-1440p, where at 1440p you can count on more like 60-80FPS in most titles at higher details. RTX3070, which isn't anything special nowadays, is already ~15% faster looking at TPU review results (W1zzard reviews are good).

For me it feels like a new toy. Enthusiasts will buy it as something new/fresh to test on the side and maybe use for some specific builds. However, most already have similar or stronger graphics cards, so won't get it as an upgrade. A770 is nice but not performing well enough to beat even average options from AMD or Nvidia. The strong point of the Arc seems the performance in the given price, but the MSRP won't happen in the EU as current prices are already 25% higher.

24"/1080p is the most I can go. 32" 1080p is yikes to me (at arms length). I can see the dot pitch on 1080p/24"!

27" 1080p already looks bad. 32" 1440p seems just right and also is probably the best option for gaming looking at prices right now. All average graphics cards from newer series handle 1440p at higher details and over 60FPS.

Gonna keep an eye on UK pricing once it goes live, presumably later today when the US wakes up. For now I see one major UK list an A750 for £330 pre-order, which puts it at the top end of 3050 pricing, and cheaper than any 3060 I can find from two major sellers.

I also got an update for the "coupon" I won from Intel to go towards Arc. They now say it'll be a US$100 gift card but no more details yet. People are speculating it is a pre-paid visa or similar, hopefully not tied to specific vendors.

Anyone know if there is a specific go live time? Think nvidia used to do theirs around this kinda time, so maybe soon?

Only got one site to go on but pricing is not looking good. I have to wonder if part of the problem in Europe is the collapse of GBP/EUR relative to USD. Maybe Intel set pricing recently, whereas nv stock may be carried over before that happened. 3060 is looking cheaper than A770 and for most people that would be the safe option. I don't think I can justify myself to even the A750 as a play thing at the pricing I can see right now.

Had ping from Intel discord so I guess it is live now? Their page only lists one UK seller which is the one I found earlier. https://game.intel.com/story/intel-arc-graphics-release/
Not that many sellers in general, so feeling like a pretty limited launch.

At the UK seller, A750 expected today, A770 expected Friday. Guess it is a pass from me for now. Will see what happened when I get the voucher if that changes things much.

Back