• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Celeron D overclocked to 8.2GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
One thread about this in the cpu section as well.

I like how this is getting all the press, even though that chip is still show as heck. If it ran SPi at 8.2, it would probably get outrun by my Q6600 at stock clocks.

Silly netburst chips.

Also, heating the CPU to 200c to remove the heat spreader is nonsense. You just need a razor blade and some patience to get those things off. (It's the i7s you have to torch, since the heat spreader is soldered on)

Last edited:

muddocktor

Retired
Nope, you have to heat the heatspreaders on those old netburst Celley chips too. Presshot is where Intel really started using the soldered IHS with most all their procs and the process was quite mature by the time Core 2 rolled around. They even soldered the core to the IHS on a few of the Northwood P4's too (M0 stepping).

turbohans

One thread about this in the cpu section as well.

I like how this is getting all the press, even though that chip is still show as heck. If it ran SPi at 8.2, it would probably get outrun by my Q6600 at stock clocks.

Silly netburst chips.

Also, heating the CPU to 200c to remove the heat spreader is nonsense. You just need a razor blade and some patience to get those things off. (It's the i7s you have to torch, since the heat spreader is soldered on)

just because its a WR. I agree with you about them being wron about the speed, newer chips are deffinitly faster clock for clock than older ones; my
[email protected] would run laps around my [email protected] (10gflops vs 50gflops)

edit: oh and you can see the solder in the pic of this molested p4-530 LOL!
139.jpg

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Huh, guess I was used to all of the C2Ds not being soldered. Still, you can just sand the heat spreader + solder off, much better option than heating the thing up IMO.

And superPI WRs or 3d03 records never get any press. Heck I think someone broke the 03 record a few days ago? That might have been single card though...

turbohans

Huh, guess I was used to all of the C2Ds not being soldered. Still, you can just sand the heat spreader + solder off, much better option than heating the thing up IMO.

And superPI WRs or 3d03 records never get any press. Heck I think someone broke the 03 record a few days ago? That might have been single card though...

whoh sand it all the way to the core?!?!? that would be tricky getting all the solder off without scratching the core itself.

I considered measuring the thickness of the spredder i molested in the picture and having a cpu machined to a thousandth or two of the core but not like i need to get another 5-10mhz or anything,, not running the ragged edge of insanity myself LOL :beer: