• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Intel Core 2Duo E7500 or E6850?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

I need to know which CPU to keep cause im giving one computer to my friend and the 70MHz clockspeed between the two is not important to him.
The CPU will serve as a benchmarking and gaming CPU(The one that i keep).

Last edited:
OP
M@rk

[email protected]

:sly:
That's the opposite of what I suggested, but ok.
I choose the E7500 because its newer, Its like choosing between core i7 3770k and core i5 6600k, The performance is almost the same but the 6600k is newer and has better support.(Gaming performance)

I understand that newer is not always better, But hey, They're the same and i got them for free so i dont really care(I find computers in the street and take their parts or the whole pc home).
Also i think the E7500 will OC better

Mr.Scott

Beamed Me Up!
They OC within 100MHz of each other. That was not a factor of my choice. If you bench them competitively, the 6850 yields 3x the points because more people have benched them. Doesn't really matter to you, but that was my methodology.