• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core i5-2500k OC - Help a Newb (LGA1155, P8Z68-V LX v4105)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, just let Windows do it's thing in creating partitions but in the first part of the install process tell it to delete all the existing partitions, assuming you have backed up your data if there was any already on the system drive. But if this is a fresh drive, and I think it is, you don't need to worry about that.

During the installation you also have the choice of creating a local machine account or a microsoft account. Personally, I prefer the former as I don't see why Microsoft needs to check my password before I can enter Windows. But if you want to install with a local account you must read the small print on certain screens as MS doesn't want you to have a local account.

No, just let Windows do it's thing in creating partitions but in the first part of the install process tell it to delete all the existing partitions, assuming you have backed up your data if there was any already on the system drive. But if this is a fresh drive, and I think it is, you don't need to worry about that.

During the installation you also have the choice of creating a local machine account or a microsoft account. Personally, I prefer the former as I don't see why Microsoft needs to check my password before I can enter Windows. But if you want to install with a local account you must read the small print on certain screens as MS doesn't want you to have a local account.

Right, I never want that stupid MS account. I had a fresh new SSD and disconnected the other SATA HDD so windows installed on there with no issues. I have rebooted a few times and since then added my HDD and a USB drive. I'll have to check my drive letters out as they are now different but I plan on reinstalling all the added products again. Then I can rework any scripts I have to point to the right drives, etc. Fun fun. lol.

I bought a key from URCDKey and activated with no issues. So far, so good. Thanks for you multiple tips along the way, it has really been great.

Back