• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core i5 670 Cracks 6.9 GHz in CPU-Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This pretty much puts the stake through the heart of the Socket 775 as far as E8600s go, and when everyone thought the 1156 Socket was a dead horse, Intel does it again. 1156 the new Gamers Dual Core Socket with the option of i7 and 1366 The Server/Work Horse.

What i find very interesting is that a 32nm cpu survived 1.6vcore on air. That is promising.

It's very promising. Man it would have been nice if Intel would have made the i5/750 32nm with all it's features.

I would be willing to bet that the i5 750 is actually a better chip (for a quad core). I would think that if it were possible to have made the i5 750 as a 32mm, they would have jumped at it. Its just a matter of time until even processors such as the i7 are able to hit 5.4Ghz on Air.

All I know is this i5 CPU is gonna last me a few years til I upgrade again. So IMHO this was a good upgrade for me.

I noticed the new Intel 32nm series only comes with 4MB of cache. Why so small?

Meh it can get so high cause it's dualcore + 32nm.

Core i5 750 still pwns it in basically everything.

Doubting your purchase eh?

Also I remember 3oh6 mentioning a few times that the i5 was no good for benching unless it hit 7ghz, I'd say it's going to hit at least 7.5 before the end of it's lifespan. Might be worth picking one up some day.

LGA1156 isn't going anywhere IMO, I don't see intel going back to the early P4 days where every cpu needed a new socket.

Back