• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel cpus at UVOC, post & share your result here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone has e6750 oc to 3.2ghz? whats ur lowest voltage? share? mine at 1.3v... stress test stable less than an hour lol

Didymus, Wellcome to OcF ! :welcome:

Thanks, your E6750 will be the 1st one for these CPU type ! :D

Oh yeah, please remember to read the 1st post on the data format requirement once you're found the best UVOC for your CPU.

Expecting to see your result here ! :thup:

-

thanks bing... 1.3v was the lowest i could even tho i need to stress test it for hours... will do it if i have time.. 1.275v failed after 3minutes testing so i guess 1.3v was the sweet spot.

btw... my load temp is 63degrees (coretemp), normal?

thanks bing... 1.3v was the lowest i could even tho i need to stress test it for hours... will do it if i have time.. 1.275v failed after 3minutes testing so i guess 1.3v was the sweet spot.

btw... my load temp is 63degrees (coretemp), normal?

The key info here is the delta of load - idle temp, not the absolute temp, and it will be a clue on how good is your cooling. ;)

About that 63 degrees, it should be in very safe margin, but again it depends on the Coretemp's version, check my posts in this thread HERE, especially on how to read Coretemp the "right" way. :D

Just take your time, remember, the longer your stability test, the better.

-

Last edited:
preliminary x3210 scores

i am still checking - this was just a my second run (first was 1.1000v set in bios) next was this one. i'll send an update when i can (super busy these days)

CPU : x3210
Lowest Vcore : 1.0000 set in bios
CPU VID : .928v as read in cpu-z "core voltage"
Best OC : 2.133
Stability test : Prime95 12 minutes (i'll go for an overnight run tonight)
CPU Temp :
idle 50/45/46/51 average of 48
load 61/56/57/61 average of 59
ambient - ? (pretty warm today)
MOBO & BIOS : GA-G33M-DS2R BIOS:F2
Cooling Gear : Stock Intel HSF
CPU details : L723A??? , Pack Date : ????, bought from eagle computers

sorry bout some of the missing info - the box for my cpu is in the states, im in london. i had taken a bunch of pics of the packagings of the new components, but have forgotten that camera in the states aswell :(
its 15*C in london today, but the room i'm feels a lot warmer than that.

CPU VID : .928v as read in cpu-z "core voltage"

That's not the VID...that's the actual voltage being sent to the chip (or close to it). The VID can be found using CoreTemp. It should be in the 1.1x-1.3x range.

Looking good so far, though! I was unable to set the Vcore lower than 1.1v in my BIOS, so I'm interested to see how low you can go.

VID should have been reported at 1.3000v (as read from coretemp) (thanks jason)

i cant get anything stable for more than 5 minutes at less than 1.0000v. my mobo will let me go down to .5000v, which is just ridiculously low and useless for this application

Looking good Shakir & thanks, expecting to see your final stable UVOC !

One sure thing, with 9 degrees delta, your stock Intel HSF is performing like a champ ! :D :thup:

Well mines not a G0, but I decided to do this anyway since I couldn't find max OC on my chip because my cooling sucks. I am waiting on parts to come in.

Q6600
1.1 vcore
P95.4 7 hours
36/45/24
p5kc 701
Storm/coolrad32t/D5
L721a454 I dont have the pack date, I got this CPU bare

uvoc2858hour.jpg

Pak, thank you ! First Quad B3 with 7 hours UVOC result is in the table ! :thup: :clap:

Well, you got good delta temp there, but I'm not sure if the cooling is walling your OVOC, could it be other thing ?

Also, I assume that Asus P5KC lowest Vcore setting at bios is also at 1.1000 Volt right ?

yeah, 1.1 is the lowest. And I mean cooling is my wall for getting max OC at higher vcores. RIght now with only 1.35, I am hitting 75c after about 10 minutes in P95.4.

--pak

I don't know why Asus locked the option for going under 1.1000 Volt for VCore, it is well known that all their high-end mobo since P965 capable of that, it is all in the BIOS ! :(

Guess they're going to unlock it through bios update once 45nm cpu is released.

Drotto,

By looking at your sig, why don't you participate in this UVOC pool on your Q6700, please ? :D

Yours will the 1st on Q6700 and I believe many of us here are really curious how it performs under UVOC.

I’m still testing my G0 (VID = 1.275) so I’ll post full details when I’ve finished. I do want to post some preliminary power consumption figures at idle and running Prime95 (large FFT):

Stock Vcore – 66.5/141W
1.05V in Bios – 58.5/107W

That’s a saving of 8W at idle and 34W at load; no wonder these chips are so easy to cool when under-volted.
P95 stable for 2+ hours so I need to test it at lower voltages.

As a comparison I tested an E4400 (L2) in the same system over-clocked to 2.4GHz and under-volted to 1.1325V; the lowest it was fully stable at:

E4400 – 56/87.5W
Q6600 – 58.5/107W

The differences are 2W at idle and 19.5W at load which are surprisingly small.

Smilingcrow,

Wow ! That is very nice of you providing that wattage numbers, really appreciate your extra efforts ! :thup:

Honestly, that kind of wattage measurements was one of my target in collecting this UVOC's data, but I dropped it cause I doubt not all participants have that kind of tool. :)

What did you use to measure those numbers ?

Looking forward for your final UVOC results !
Thank you so much on providing those wattage numbers, now I'm considering to add another column or even a new table just for your wattage comparison in the 1st post of this thread. :D

To "Folders", IMHO, this kind of UVOC's wattage results should be part of your consideration especially after reading sad story like this one -> HERE. :cry:

CPU: Q6600 G0
Lowest Vcore : 1.05 Volt in BIOS; CPU-Z shows 1.008V at idle & 0.976V at load
CPU VID : 1.275 Volt (Coretemp)
Best OC : 2.4 GHz, 266x9
Stability test : Prime95 (large FFT) 2 hours
Temps (Celcius)
Ambient - 20.6
Idle - 28/32/26/28 (from Coretemp)
Prime95 – 39/42/37/40 (fan speed CPU/Case – 1210/1080 RPM)
Prime95 – 47/48/46/48 (fan speed CPU/Case – 568/537 RPM)
Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2, BIOS F4b
Cooling Gear : Scythe Ninja+ (Rev A) with Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E (120mm)
CPU details : L727A963 , Pack Date : 08/21/2007

I have a system optimised for low noise so I tested it twice with the fans set to 100% and also at the fastest settings that are silent. At the lower settings the system is silent from 1 metre due to the fact that the power supply and VGA are fanless.
I was surprised that the delta between the two settings was only 8/6/9/8C so you don’t pay much of a penalty temperature wise for silence.
The case fan was a Nexus 120mm used as a rear exhaust in an Antec P182.

Smilingcrow, thank you ! :thup:

Fyi, on UVOC at certain casings model, its possible to go totally passive (fanless) on the CPU with high end HSF !

You should try it yourself sometimes equipped with Coretemp for watching how close the temperature goes until max Tjunction while with AC turned off, if it still under 20 degrees Celcius on load, I would say it is pretty safe for 24/7. ;)

Back