• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel E7500 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SwizzzzZ

Registered
Hey everyone, hope I can get some help here.

I put together my new build today and I'm not an expert by any means, but from what I can see here it says my E7500 is running at 1.6ghz. I have no idea why it says 2.0 in Realtemp it must of jumped up at the time I took the pic. It should be running 2.93ghz at stock.

Are there any drivers or something that I must download to get this to work properly?

Here are the specs for my system.

Intel E7500
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L
G-Skill 4gb (2 x 2gb) 1066 DDR2
XFX HD 5750
OCZ 600w
WD 640gb Black

67997480.jpg

Thanks in advance

nightelph

Modern Intel chips have a 'feature' called Speedstep. It lowers the CPU's multiplier to lower the frequency to save power. Great in laptops. You can disable it in BIOS and get back to 2.93GHZ. That multiplier in CPUz should be 11. (266mhz system bus x 11 = 2.93ghz.)

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Last edited:
OP
S

SwizzzzZ

Registered
I disabled C1E and E1ST and it put me up to 2.2ghz and I've been fooling with it a bit and got it to 2.6ghz

Should I put the FSB to 266 and multiplier to 11 manually?

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I disabled C1E and E1ST and it put me up to 2.2ghz and I've been fooling with it a bit and got it to 2.6ghz

Should I put the FSB to 266 and multiplier to 11 manually?

Swizz,

Download and run Superpi, run one of the shorter (or longer) tests and I think you will see under a load you are at default CPU speed:

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

Run it with CPU-z open.

Nice little rig you built. :thup:

OP
S

SwizzzzZ

Registered
Swizz,

Download and run Superpi, run one of the shorter (or longer) tests and I think you will see under a load you are at default CPU speed:

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

Run it with CPU-z open.

Nice little rig you built. :thup:

Yea I just changed the multiplier to 11 and FSB to 266 and also enabled E1ST. it worked! Now in order to overclock I should do small increments of the FSB?

nightelph

You have the basic concept of OC'ing down. But to be extra thorough we usually lower the mulit and OC the mobo ONLY to gauge how well it OCs, then put the multi back to 'normal' and OC the CPU. This method takes a lot of guesswork out of OC'ing, but requires more work. :/ Theres a guide here on the forums.

Glad you're hooked. :)

Last edited: