• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
"Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology"

is that going to be any good for games?

I am getting a laptop for my dad, and he wants to be able to play some games...But I'm not sure if that can handle anything..

I'm going to show him some options, like: P4 3.2,DDR400, 9600pro, and a 1.6centrino,ddr333, Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology

if it can, what can that be compared to? a 7500, or 8500...?

please only use ATI for comparing.

The Intel onboard graphics could probably be compared favorably to the Rage Fury Pro. Meaning it could play CS very well, and handle Quake III and Unreal tournament at decent resolutions. Anything more advanced will chug along.

A 7500 will be 3-5 times faster and the 8500 will be 5-7 times faster. The intel onboard sucks.

how about this ATI M10? is that just as bad? please give me another ATI comparisson

The ATI M10 is actually a 9600 mobility which performs like a Radeon 9600Pro. This is the best mobile gpu available.

If you want laptop, and want play 3D game on the laptop.
Mobile version of ATI 9600Pro is the best available now.

Intel onbard 3D chip performance is horrible, you at least
should go with mobile 9200, which would be 5-6 times faster.

I'm going with the 9600 for sure now..

I've been reading about stuff all day, and I don't want to take any chances..ATI 9600 is the only way for me to go.

But I only see them with the P4 chips, no special P4 Centrinos..

anyone know where I can get one of those combos? Also I like the Sager notebooks, ones like those would be prefered.

Back