• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i7 920 Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not too shabby for a freebie. I see one of those HDD's is a Raptor. Maybe a 74giger. Psu looks good as well, but as others stated be sure to blast that sucker out with compressed air. 50A on the 12v line is plenty. Vid card looks to be an Nvidia. Maybe a Gigabyte.

Might be able to get 3.0Ghz with it, but not much more under stock cooling. This Guide might be able to help you as well. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we're here to help ;)

I would try for 3.0GHz on stock cooling, then see what you have for temperature with stress testing.

Thanks for all the replies. I will try to overclock it to 3 Ghz. Oh and for anyone wondering, the 2 HDD's I have is a 2TB SATA and a 1.5TB Baracuda. I bought the 2TB and I salvaged the 1.5TB along with a i7, disk reader etc from a PC I got for 3$.

Edit: Been looking around for a while (complete newbie to overclooking) and I'm confused. I've read the post you linked me Nebulous and even though I understand that there are different BIOS's, finding the settings he's talking about is close to impossible. I've tried updating the BIOS by downloading WinFlash and the latest BIOS, but whenever I try to open I got this message: https://gyazo.com/ca32c335d667c8135ebc173b412bb50d.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back