• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel i9 12900K and i5 12600K Review: The Next Generation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Without further delay, we are finally introducing Intel's newest process node, Intel 7, for mainstream consumers. Intel has had a rocky road transitioning from their 14 nm process and is now introducing a CPU that has had significant changes. The Intel i9-12900K and i5-12600K we have here today are part of Intel's Alder Lake CPU line-up and bring with it some radical changes over its predecessors. These changes and improvements are covered in-depth in our specifications and features section below.

Click here to view the article.

This is more of a preview than a review, in all honesty.

I fully intended on having a review up for release but....
The last few launches Intel would send CPUs and mobos etc.. all you need to run and test. This time there was no heads up and all we received were the CPUs. Long story short I should have performance data up in a week or so still don't have a motherboard in hand.

Yeah, figured there was a mobo or ram complication. I just feel robbed getting to the bottom of the article and not seeing numbers.

Yeah, that's more like it!

Nice to know the OEM thermals have improved, but it would be tempting to save the money, get the 12600K, and OC the snot out of it with the additional power headroom.

Back