• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel p4 2.53 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

json

Registered
hey guys i just got a p4 2.53 wit a asus p4t533-c and i was wondering how hot can a p4 get before it mess up.. i got a cooler master heatsink to cool down my cpu but i do not think its working dat well.. wen its idle, i get 31c but wen i do stress test, it goes up to 38c.. then wen i oc to 2.66 with core of 1.65, the idle temp is 37c and while loading, it went up to 50c.. i dunno if this is good or not.. i need to kno how high can a p4 temp go before it mess up..

markodude

I tend not to go over 48-53c on air, full load in Prime95. this usually gives me 44-49c in SETI on full load. I am using coolermaster heat pipe with silent fan on my [email protected], 1.725vCore, and these are the sorts of temps I am getting. Idle right now (well running a few processes and IE etc) is 36c with a system temp of 24c. Ambient is around 24c also...
Anything over 55c when overvolting and SNDS is a possible issue...I am finding it is temps that hold me back nowadays on 3ghz+P4's and AXP Tbred B cores, you really need water/phase change to get the maximum from these procs...

FIZZ3

60C is the thermal throttling temperature... you had best stayed below that. I personally don't overclock things above 50C- I'd buy better cooling first. All temps full load temps.