• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel x86s hide another CPU that can take over your machine (you can't audit it)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M@rk, I think you forget we're talking about Intel. If you can code it, they can certainly de-code it.

Oh ok :p
Just gonna put out my ram sticks and my hdd, Break the ram sticks, Throw my PC outta window, And noone can access it >;D

That's why people don't like it. IPMI gives us all the management features we need without the paranoia-inducing intrusion potential IME gives.

In my opinion there is a higher likelihood of someone breaking into your house and walking off with your computer than someone being able to crack this system.

If you are worried about this system I suggest you get to bolting your case to the floor and installing a lock on the side panel.

That's why people don't like it. IPMI gives us all the management features we need without the paranoia-inducing intrusion potential IME gives.

Yeah some people really dislike it even tho its pretty safe. People like criminals, And also rich people that afraid of information being stolen

In my opinion there is a higher likelihood of someone breaking into your house and walking off with your computer than someone being able to crack this system.

If you are worried about this system I suggest you get to bolting your case to the floor and installing a lock on the side panel.

It was a joke xD
If someone will try to break into my house he can do it easily, My window in the room is made of wood thats why.

Yeah some people really dislike it even tho its pretty safe. People like criminals, And also rich people that afraid of information being stolen

Let's avoid the nothing-to-hide fallacy. It's pretty dumb, even when talking about paranoid silly people.

Hey M@RK,

I too was joking and that was not directed at anyone in particular. My humor can be a little dry sometimes.

Back