• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel’s Haswell Could Be Last Interchangeable CPU *Unsubstantiated Rumor*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, that one's the dupe; this one has been around since the 22nd.

EDIT - Merged the two threads, moved to Intel CPUs.

I do not think this is a rumor... Take a look a this public Intel road map...

It is unusual not to see anything related to the Core i series chips on this road map for 2013... There may be some truth to these rumors...

Unless I'm missing something, there is no desktop roadmap in that pdf that goes into 2013. :shrug:

up until 1155 we had to change motherboards every generation anyhow lol thats one thing no one has liked about intel and prefered amd because their motherboards would last two or 3 generations of cpu's

Unless I'm missing something, there is no desktop roadmap in that pdf that goes into 2013. :shrug:

page 17 has 2013 though that is server stuff not desktop

but he said its unusual to not see it :D usually they would put it in the roadmap

Last edited:
Yeah, there is nothing about even Haswell in that map.
Also compare that map to the "official" "leaked" map in the articles that have "maps".
Totally different.

The absence of proof is not proof of absence.

The roadmap ending at 2012 is equally "proof" that Intel will no longer make anything but Server CPUs after 2012. No mobile. No desktop.

This road map would validate the rumors to be true...
That's a hell of a leap of faith... In fact, I hope you have a parachute otherwise... SPLAT!

Seems like the Mayan calendar theory...

EDIT: Like BobN said.. Haswell is already coming out next year so, that pretty much bunks that theory if it ever had a chance really.

Seems like the Mayan calendar theory...

awe cheet good thing i watch doomsday preppers on netgeo i got food for days son DAYZ! wed prolly last like 4 days!

all the server cpu's are gonna take over the world in a few weeks mayans predicted it thats why there is no desktop roadmap, because machine will rule us!

A few threads back hokiealumnus made a statement that he says it difficult to believe. I had to find some kind of road map to try to put an end to all this mayhem. However based on this road map from Intel, it may be true. Don't you find it strange that Intel is not boasting the future desktop technology, but more boasting server type CPU's to 2014 and beyond??

A few threads back hokiealumnus made a statement that he says it difficult to believe. I had to find some kind of road map to try to put an end to all this mayhem. However based on this road map from Intel, it may be true. Don't you find it strange that Intel is not boasting the future desktop technology, but more boasting server type CPU's to 2014 and beyond??
I would continue searching for a roadmap that accomplishes that as this one, as many have said above, isnt it.

EDIT: To add to this, the title of the PDF says it expires in Q1 2013. Haswell isn't slated to be out until after that so it makes sense. I could make that leap with you (with a parachute... :p) if the PDF extended to Haswell's release timeframe.

No, not at all. Servers need a roadmap that far out. They plan far (years) in advance. Desktops don't have that kind of business model. Desktop roadmaps rarely, if ever, go more than six months in the future. Public desktop roadmaps (to which you have linked) rarely even go that far.

No, not at all. Servers need a roadmap that far out. They plan far (years) in advance. Desktops don't have that kind of business model. Desktop roadmaps rarely, if ever, go more than six months in the future. Public desktop roadmaps (to which you have linked) rarely even go that far.

This is what I thought, too. I'm not sure I've ever seen Intel OR AMD posting any kind of desktop road map that went beyond a year, much less 6 months. (AMD's current model is for their entire market, not just desktops. It is also falling on its face)

You guys are funny... Intel is way ahead of itself... When a new processor is released have you ever notice the date on it? Its always older than the release date.. That's because they are always ahead in technology and the CPU's are made well in advance. I've seen many road maps that show desktop CPU's future... This is the first I've seen a two year spread for server based CPU's...

EDIT: http://media.overclocking-tv.com/uploads/2012/09/INTC_DeskRdmp201213.jpg

Take a look at this. Wikipedia is known for invalid data, however look to the right... BGA-1364... Interesting...

Last edited:
Are you saying we all think Intel releases technology immediately after they're invented? Your logical leaps are getting longer and longer... I think it's time to let go man, you're not even making much sense any more.

You guys are funny... Intel is way ahead of itself... When a new processor is released have you ever notice the date on it? Its always older than the release date.. That's because they are always ahead in technology and the CPU's are made well in advance. I've seen many road maps that show desktop CPU's future... This is the first I've seen a two year spread for server based CPU's...

Yet here everybody else is, saying the exact opposite of what you are saying. Here you are, naysaying, being bought into a rumor that has no basis whatsoever, and here you are, calling us "funny" which is a more kind word for "ridiculous" when used in this way. I've seen server spread diagrams and plans years ahead ever since I got my own server part-- This was back in 2004. They have always forcast up to 3 years ahead, AMD and Intel both. On the inverse, they will "announce" a new CPU part, like "Haswell," but not release a dedicated roadmap for individual parts, revisions, etc until it comes close to the parts release.

Just consider your stance, your evidence, and ours.

Are you saying we all think Intel releases technology immediately after they're invented? Your logical leaps are getting longer and longer... I think it's time to let go man, you're not even making much sense any more.

What!?!? You really think they develop CPU technology for right now? Intel and AMD both have two years of CPU's waiting to be released... They test/recheck update until its perfect for release... The next time you buy a new CPU or better yet an ES, check the year on the CPU... I bet its not the year you get it. :thup:

Aside from that, check this out..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)

Take a look see to the right... BGA-1364

Good lord.

I know they produce CPUs before they're released. I write CPU reviews. I get ES CPUs from Intel and review them. Of course I know they're designed long before they are released.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Back