• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel’s Haswell Could Be Last Interchangeable CPU *Unsubstantiated Rumor*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it wasn't as equivocal as you'd like to read it. Their statement said "for the foreseeable future"

Well as far as i know Haswell is the only chip they have going into production in the "foreseeable future" which does not contradict their comments. There are some solid engineering reasons to dump the socket format; so i doubt it's not off either AMD or Intel's drawing board.

That said i stand by what i said earlier in this thread... Intel certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it... nor would it be all that hard to do.

I don't see this happening unless people stop building intel PC's, there is to much extra money to be made by intel selling a variety of LGA CPU's, there are approximately 42 different CPU's for LGA 1155 and intel is cashing in on that, if it was not profitable intel would not have that many options.

There are all kinds of people out there and some like me would not upgrade as often if they only sold soldered i5 2500k with a high end board because I buy low cost boards with high end CPUs. The combinations for different people is staggering and intel wins over the motherboard manufactures for not using BGA desktop.

This is a example, so there is approximately 42 intel LGA 1155 and they work with approximately 22 different Z77 boards from Asus, So 42x22 is 924 combinations we have now and intel and Asus has a combination for any use or want and price.

People that build there own PC's and channel groups is big, look at all the motherboard manufacturers that are supporting them selves with there share of the market with variety of motherboard combinations, it is staggering for DIY.

What I cant believe is the DIY motherboard manufactures sell enough variety now to stay in DIY business, however it's a big world with lots of people.:D

Last edited:
the intel atom based desktop do have the soldered on processors "bga" but thats why they are so cheap, and slow lol

Big Foot Finally Surfaces to Confirm Intel Rumors

Wow, the only thing this thread is missing is Bigfoot..Some of you frighten me.

And thanks Hokie. That was perfectly put.

As many have speculated Big Foot is an Alien what no body ever could have imagined is that the reason for the sittings are actually secret meetings with Intel engineers. Big foot upset w/ Intel because an engineer it was dating would not leave his wife spilled the beans Thursday December 6th to AMD. AMD acknowledging that the information was probably a counter intelligence op ran bye Intel told Bigfoot to take a hike.

BigfootRonaldsm.jpg

Left of picture Intel Engineer Disguised as Bigfoot Right Bigfoot Dwarfling Disguised as Ronald McDonald.

As many have speculated Big Foot is an Alien what no body ever could have imagined is that the reason for the sittings are actually secret meetings with Intel engineers. Big foot upset w/ Intel because an engineer it was dating would not leave his wife spilled the beans Thursday December 6th to AMD. AMD acknowledging that the information was probably a counter intelligence op ran bye Intel told Bigfoot to take a hike.

View attachment 119874

Left of picture Intel Engineer Disguised as Bigfoot Right Bigfoot Dwarfling Disguised as Ronald McDonald.

Yes but we told him to take a hike only after we had reverse engineered all the tech from his UFO (of course it is no longer a UFO since we have I.D. it).

Intel Switching to BGA- Goodbye CPU Upgrade

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/14561/

Less choice, more control, sounds just like Intel! For the time being AMD will still offer PGA in 2014, and will be the only drop-in CPU upgrade offered in the mid-high performance segment. I wish we could protest but thanks to the tablet surge Intel could careless about us :(

*I missed the big thread on this topic. My apologies!

Last edited:
that doesnt confirm anything just other people talking about the rumors.

oh great that noob deleted his post as i was posting.

No, this was bunked. Ivanlabrie posted a thread OFFICIALLY bunking it a week ago (instead of posting it in the original thread! N00b!) though I posted some 'secret source' news before that. :)

So, OFN! :p

whats confirmed? i dont think that a road map that my 5 year old daughter could draw in paint confirms anything.

We are... HUGE thread on it, then then an official word debunking it is in its OWN thread............n00bs, I tell you, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS! :rofl:

lol nah I'm not being a noob I just missed the thread and it has been coming up again on multiple sites. So besides the childish diagram I wanted to see some thoughts on Japenese tech site that supposedly confirmed it!

Oh dear god, no... more threads will pop up if this drops further down the page, LOL! And I think OCF has an aversion to closing old threads anyway (based off of the inordinately high rate of necros, :p).

No, this was bunked. Ivanlabrie posted a thread OFFICIALLY bunking it a week ago (instead of posting it in the original thread! N00b!) though I posted some 'secret source' news before that. :)

So, OFN! :p

I thought it was more civil to post a new proper news thread ;)
Failed to mention that here....heh

Back