• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting movement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
In the next few weeks we could have a new points leader in the team. That one is a nail biter. The top 5 all have some potential movement going on.

There are some good races going on lower down the ranks too. Macaholic has recently started to make a move in a BIG way and will leave many in his wake. zspaldin, WhitehawkEQ, chuckerants, klear and KingScrud are all making some very notable moves up the ranks. Also notable is NiHaoMike, Subpar1 and t1nm4n. All are making big leaps in production and moving up in the ranks.

There are also many others who are making steady gains on a daily basis all who deserve recognition.

Great job to all and I enjoy many of the races that I see going on. Many of you are actively challenging your peers and it is fun to watch.

:comp::burn:

P.S. On page 2, The_Foldinator is moving fast. Many of our team mates should watch out or get run over.

P.P.S. Back on page 5 is AnonymousLowryder who is making steady progress which is of note.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
And then there's me...
On page four...
Threatening no active folders... :rofl:
But I'm plugging along despite one PC not coming back up after a thunderstorm. I was able to move my HD 7750 from a Pentium D to an i3. I can already see a ppd improvement with it. :)
I'm trying to get my hd 6970 back up, trying to figure out what died in the storm. Probably the crappy PSU I had in that folder.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
And then there's me...
On page four...
Threatening no active folders... :rofl:
But I'm plugging along despite one PC not coming back up after a thunderstorm. I was able to move my HD 7750 from a Pentium D to an i3. I can already see a ppd improvement with it. :)
I'm trying to get my hd 6970 back up, trying to figure out what died in the storm. Probably the crappy PSU I had in that folder.

You can try putting a knot on the power cord. Just a 3-4 inch loop in the knot will block any lightning strike.

Like this:
DSCN0026.JPG

I do this with all my electronic equipment (TV, Computers, Phone (yes I have a landline :)) and have not lost anything to lightning.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
There are some good races going on lower down the ranks too. Macaholic has recently started to make a move in a BIG way and will leave many in his wake. zspaldin, WhitehawkEQ, chuckerants, klear and KingScrud are all making some very notable moves up the ranks. Also notable is NiHaoMike, Subpar1 and t1nm4n. All are making big leaps in production and moving up in the ranks.

The only reason I'm in the top 20 (again) is I shut down my 2 4P's down for the summer, I have them running now as well as 3 desktops (FX-8350 & GTS 450 GPU).
The GTS 450's can crunch core 21 WU's but they take 3 days, so I removed the client-type flag and set max-packet-size to small to get core 15 WU's, if and when I get a GTX 970 or 980, then I'll got full boar on core 21 WU's :thup:

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
It wasn't lightning as much as tree limbs bouncing off the lines down the street. Luckily the lines & poles held when the tree fell. The power did a rapid flicker, then came back. One PC was just off, the other was still running the fans with no output.

I've been lucky with lightning for close to two decades (knocks wood..). That strike got TV, vcr, dial-up modem, microwave, can't remember what else. If the strike is close enough, you can't protect anything.

Giz

Impressive ppd numbers Foldinator! Didn't you blitz past me weeks ago?

I'm on your radar JLK03F150, could be crawling past you in a couple of weeks!

sporktar

I don't even know how to turn on my heater in my apartment, because I've had 3 970's going full speed for the last few months. I've been toying with the idea of selling the 2 970's in my gaming rig to some [email protected] folders here to make room for a 980Ti, but I'm not sure i want to drop ~700 on a graphics card+water block right now. Maybe the upcoming spring weather, and energy bill could sway me though...

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member

I see you coming. I don't have enough power to hold you off, but I'm going to try slowing your overtake a bit. ;)

The_Foldinator

Registered

Sorry buddy for the somewhat late reply and thank you and yes,
I did wave tho :D

Should get some more PPD numbers later this month.
finished my desk(just drilled some holes for the PSU wires :p) to the point I can start swapping GPU's like I used to do :bump:
1.jpg

2.jpg

So SKYNET is running at 87% more % to come...
Happy Folding guys...

Last edited:

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
To The Foldinator & JLK03F150, I see JLK has a cat in his avatar and I see a cat in the background in 1 of The_Foldinator's pics, I have 2 cats myself, 1 even helps me when I'm doing a build.

DSCN0620.JPG

Here is both cats
DSCN0610.JPG

SubPar

I had a cat that loved drinking my tim hortons double doubles and watching me play Wow. His name was meatball. I wish i had pictures XD

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
Nice lookin' cats, Whitehawk. :) I have a pair of white cats, who are brothers. One is 9 lbs, the other is 14 lbs (kitten avatar - lol). They are about 5 years old now.

Is there a KVM with USB and PS2 connections? I have a mix of older & newer equipment, so that makes using a regular KVM difficult.