• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intergraded graphic...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

i bought a small computer on BF for 100 dollars. it has intergraded graphic and freaking 128MB of ram. i throw out the ram and swap in 1GB of ram and i plan to make the int graphic share 128 to 256MB of ram instead of the default 32MB... is that a good thing to do or should i just forget about it? it's a small rig, nothing fancy....

bchur83

Since the onboard video will be crap for games, I would say you will be fine with 64MB or less allocated to video. As for 1GB of RAM, that would be good. What are you planning on using the computer for? If no serious gaming is needed, then 512MB or less RAM is all that would be needed.

pwnt by pat

256 should be more than enough if you don't game. I mean, it's only a $100 computer. Toss in a radeon 9200 or geforce 6200 and you'll have a mean internet machine. You could even use anything older than those.

OP
W

warlock110

Yuriman said:
What is in this "small rig"? Where did you get it?

it was at fry, sempron 2400+ with intergrated graphic/sound. cdrom/128MB of ram (which i swap out)..... and 40GB HDD. and ofcourse case/keyboard/speakers/mouse and all the little junk... it wasn't too bad.... figure i use it for some casual gaming (like Conquer or runescape)...

jadakada

thats a good deal for 100 bucks, but for the games your taling about you should be alright with 64 meg. Hell I can play runescape with my old dell 433 whit a celeron processor and 1 meg for video. I think you'll be alright

OP
W

warlock110

jadakada said:
thats a good deal for 100 bucks, but for the games your taling about you should be alright with 64 meg. Hell I can play runescape with my old dell 433 whit a celeron processor and 1 meg for video. I think you'll be alright

oh wow, i kindda like this new small system. it's no fire cracker but with 1GB of ram and a few giant HDD later... it's become one mean machine lol. I'm gonna get the dell 20" wide screen for it. and with a surprise it has an AGP slot kekek. awsome.... it's actually pretty good that it as AGP slot... much better than the dells that doesn't have it. and with this crap i can always swap the case/psu for a better performing system. sempron 2400+ can be OC... i just did a bit of OCing but it's not too good with the stock sinks.

darksparkz

That Dell 20" is going to be way overkill for it, lol. But yeah, 1GB of ram would make it great and just add a simple AGP card and your perfect.