• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interview questions!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kripes

Registered
Ok I have to do some interviewing tomorrow. FOUR people for the position of Systems Administrator. I'm a sysadmin myself, but I want some input here. Here are the questions I have SO FAR...if you guys have any faves please post them, or comment on how good / bad my questions are! Anything at all! The job is Wintel-centric e-commerce shop so keep that in mind :D

thanks!

Tell me about a project that you spearheaded that saved your company money or time.

How do you keep up to speed with the latest news in Information Tech?

What do you feel are the issues one should keep in mind when evaluating the viability of Enterprise-class rack-mountable servers to a more swap-n-go solution like Blade servers?

Which RAID config is best for performance? For reliability?

Name a couple load balancing algorithms and their uses.

What Microsoft based applications / services do you employ for security purposes?

What is the IIS anonymous impersonation account?

What is the IIS impersonation account when the web application is in Medium or High Application Protection mode?

Have you worked with Apache or Tomcat?

Approximately what effect does SSL have on a web server’s ability to serve pages?

Back