• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP address and Wiffi password reset question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hello all.

I have not post here for a long while. I learned how to build my first PC few yrs ago and set up router and wifi for home devices for internet etc. Last week my desktop computer with Windows 10 pop up with a message and phone number telling to call to resolved the problem. It says my computer counter a illegal accessed and required attention. My computer screen provided the phone number to call. So, I called the phone number and spoke with a guy he is from Armor Tech Inc. I told him I am having this message on my desktop computer and the Windows 10 Edge browser locked out. I was on the phone with him and he guide me thru and do a remote diagnostic on my PC and found out that all my fire wall has been turned off. I did not realized my firewall and all security has been turned off. After much diagnosed and he told me that look like some one has access to my IP address and this is bad. He said, this person can watching me doing financial purchase, bank information etc. After a long talk with him over the phone and he sound legit . He told me the resolution is to create a new secure IP address and install new security feature in to my computer with a initial cost. I went with it. I am now on a private network and on their server. My computer is working correctly and I no longer getting any more strange locked up stuffs before this network changed over. Over all I am happy with it.

Now my question is. What about my wifi password? How can I change the password? For example. my wifi password were 12345 and I used it to connect my tablet etc. I have a few devices that still using the wifi. I like to change it but how??

Also, How or how complicate to change my original IP address? I am on Spectrum Cable ((know as Timer Warner Cable before) Please give me some advices. Thank you.

All this stuff doesn't sound legit.

Did you google Armor Tech Inc. by any chance?

I did... Site under construction...

Now he is the guy with access to your IP number!

This is 100% a scam .
And they probably have all your logins now .

I would recommend a Full reinstall of your system .

after that change all of your passwords especially your banking

Wow........wow. I cannot believe you got suckered into that. Holy cow.

After I went it. I have call them twice and they answer the phone promptly. I have some concerned and thought to. I did do a google search with a few names Armor Tech in difference places, The address they provided me are in Albany New York. I keep a close eyes on my bank account activity, just in case. So far, everything seem legit.

My question really is about changing my original wiffi password and original IP address.

- - - Updated - - -

This is 100% a scam .

My ebay/Amazon/Paypal and all others . I have changed out the old password to new one already.

- - - Updated - - -

This is 100% a scam .

In regard to my bank account. Every time I login on a different computer, it will prompt me to tell them to call my phone number and they automate a code for me to enter in order to gain access to my account. This is a safety feature that the bank have.

I'd do a clean install first, and change all logins password afterward.

If you're bugged, only way to get rid of it is to start from a blank page.

After I went it. I have call them twice and they answer the phone promptly. I have some concerned and thought to. I did do a google search with a few names Armor Tech in difference places, The address they provided me are in Albany New York. I keep a close eyes on my bank account activity, just in case. So far, everything seem legit.

My question really is about changing my original wiffi password and original IP address.

- - - Updated - - -

My ebay/Amazon/Paypal and all others . I have changed out the old password to new one already.

- - - Updated - - -

In regard to my bank account. Every time I login on a different computer, it will prompt me to tell them to call my phone number and they automate a code for me to enter in order to gain access to my account. This is a safety feature that the bank have.

This is a scam . Doesn't matter if they answer the phone .

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=malware+scamers

Resetting your password with them watching doesn't help @ all .

Once your system is clean that is the time to do it .

Changing your Wifi password is easy login to the router ( probably http://192.168.0.1 )
and set a new password .

you guys got me all nervous here man..

I am pasting this here.

Attachments

• copy.png
    copy.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 53
You should be ...
If you dont know how to do a fresh install find a friend that does or pay a small tech company to do it and do a charge back with your bank for that 199$ that you payed them to steal from you .
quote the 1986 consumer protection act if your bank says they can't .

Unplug your system for now from the net .....

I certainly can do a clean reinstall. So every one here says I should to a clean reinstall ? Please keep the advice coming because I need them.

We taken you from start to finish Bruce.. :)

Clean install of windows... change wifi PW... keep an eye on your bank/cc accounts or change them asap as well. Get a refund from that scam.

ok thank you. I will do disconnect the internet and do a clean reinstall. bye.. thank for the help.

Actually, I would even cancel my CC. Happened to me in the past (recently actually), that hackers got away from the 3d secure VIsa stuff, and I got charged around €10K on Amazon purchase...

Thanks so much for the advices. I am using my phone to post this. Last night i did a complete clean reinstall Windows and not connect to internet yet. I call the tech geek at bestbuy to come to my house to setup and change the wifi password. I also call my bank today telling that i am victim of a scam. The bank said, the have account information already because i did a e check transaction with them. The bank is create a new account number and mail it to me. Thanks god i post my question here. Otherwise i would be screwed bad. I will post more later. Thanks everyone. I never thought i would fall for this but i did. Studpid me......

Back