• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35-E error message

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rudstock

Registered
I just got my new rig put together, and when it first boots, i get this message that says "CPU unworkable or has been changed. press del to enter setup or f1 to continue."

pressing delete takes me to the bios settings, which appear to be accurate, and pressing f1 boots the pc, which seems to work like it should, but I havent started playing any games yet. Anyone ever heard of this? I'm using an e8400 on an IP35-E.

Have you cleared the bios? Could be the bios isn't set correctly and/or might have an outdated bios and it doesn't recognize the E8400.

When booting up hit the DEL key and set "Optimized Defaults".

Are you on a brand new hardrive or a reused one? I got a similar message first boot when I tossed an old hard drive (used on an a64) into my ip35-e with e2160. After a fresh windows install I never saw it again.

Are you on a brand new hardrive or a reused one? I got a similar message first boot when I tossed an old hard drive (used on an a64) into my ip35-e with e2160. After a fresh windows install I never saw it again.

The hard drive is only a couple months old, but setting optimized defaults fixed it.

Rudstock, don't worry--I got that same error message the first few times I booted up my IP35-E with my Q6600. I'm not really sure what I did, but it eventually went away. If I had to guess, it was that making any change in the BIOS got rid of the message.

Back