• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 Pro uGuru and fan headers questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farinorco

Hi, I had almost decided to buy an Abit IP35 Pro for my next pc, but after reading about it I have some doubts now. I've tried to solve my questions by searching, but it's difficult because there are TONS of uGuru and IP35 Pro related threads, different revisions and versions, etc, so I think you could help me with this...

Some of the reasons because I wanted to go with IP35 Pro and made me discard other options, were uGuru and the fan controlling capabilities of the board. So:

* I've read lots of people reporting problems with uGuru in Windows, in fact stating that the only way to manage a good and stable overclock is through the BIOS. I consider that the ability of changing the BIOS config (to switch amongst an overclocked profile, a non-overclocked one and an underclocked and undervolted low power one as needed, for example) without having to reboot the system would be greatly beneficial. If it works well, that's it... Is the current version of uGuru working well and will allow me to do this, or should I directly forget this? Is there any other way to achieve what I want with this or any other board by there? It would be a high priority feature for me...

* I've read somewhere that the fan headers in the IP35 Pro (and some other Abit boards) are powered from the mosfets, so you can plug in there a watercooling pump or a high power fan without melting the headers... but I can't find anyone that can confirm this and had used the on board fan headers in this way or know about someone who has done it. Anyone?

The reason why I ask those questions is because if those features are not true/functional, I could not discard other options like a P5K-E or some Gigabytes so quickly...

Thanks for your help.

meionm

The fan headers handle 0.5a, 6w, according to abit. So I doubt that you could plug pump to it.

When I had this board adjusting fan settings in bios was hard more like anoying. Board would not boot after adjusment. That might have been fix with future bios.

OP
Farinorco

Farinorco

The fan headers handle 0.5a, 6w, according to abit. So I doubt that you could plug pump to it.

When I had this board adjusting fan settings in bios was hard more like anoying. Board would not boot after adjusment. That might have been fix with future bios.

Bah. 0.5a, 6W... I hoped a number way above when I read about the way it manages the power for the fans... :( Supose I'd have to think in another way to have an automatic (but customizable) regulation of the pump. I know about the t-Balancer, but I really don't want to buy a piece of hardware of 80€ that is software dependant to work. Windows dependant to be exact, as far as I know...

Just for curiosity... and I know that I'm gonna :bang head when you tell me but... where have you seen that spec by Abit? I didn't find it even in the user manual of the IP35 Pro...:confused:

meionm

I emailed abit support with that question about cpu fan header output. Though It might wrong since other mobo makers, I know for sure gigabyte, have 2a at least for cpu fan header.