• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ipod anyone!!!! ($200-$300)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
This isnt a cyber deal pre-say however my local bestbuy has the "old" ipods on clearence this week, 10gig=$200 20gig=$300. Reason being macintosh came out with a new one from what i hear the only changes are

mac/pc version on one ipod, 15-30gigs (rather then 10-20) and i guess it's a little slimmer.

Me...i'm gonna go buy me 10 gigs of ipodness :D

OSUmaxx said:
Oh man, I think I'm all over a 10 gigger :) Thanks for the post.

me too this saturday, i hope they still have some.

If not the 10gig new ipod is 300, and it comes with...SOLITAIR w00t to that :rolleyes:

Um. OK. So this is a good deal HOW? I mean, really... Those things are so overpriced! I'll stick with my crappy little RIO one.

I'm still amazed that somebody's not designed an iPod killer that will have the same functionality in that little package. Still, I've gotta hand it to their engineers--those things are pretty amazing. Still, $200 for a portable 10 gb hard drive is excessive. It is a 'deal' on an iPod though.

Can you believe the new 30 gb retails for friggin' $500?! What in the heck are those people thinking?!

cursor said:
Um. OK. So this is a good deal HOW? I mean, really... Those things are so overpriced! I'll stick with my crappy little RIO one.

I'm still amazed that somebody's not designed an iPod killer that will have the same functionality in that little package. Still, I've gotta hand it to their engineers--those things are pretty amazing. Still, $200 for a portable 10 gb hard drive is excessive. It is a 'deal' on an iPod though.

Can you believe the new 30 gb retails for friggin' $500?! What in the heck are those people thinking?!

I bought my 64mb rio yesterday for 110, then i returned it today.

This saturday i'm going to buy a 1000mb player for $90 more...hmm, how is that not a good deal?

O, and there is btw ( http://www.nomadworld.com/ )

Do the Ipods use solid state disks, or are there moving platters and such like in normal hard drives? If they are solid state disks, then this a such a good deal. You CAN NOT buy solid state cheaply, and these things would work so well as a hard drive.

Scott

wow, only If I would have waited, I could get 15gb more for what I payed,

personally I love the iPod, it is a awsome mp3 player with awsome sound to match, only down fall is price but IMO it is the best.

their site doesn't have it updated, just that its not available anymore.

i bought one on ebay sunday a 5 gigger for only 17 bucks less than the 10gb. i'll be at best buy tomorrow first thing :) then ebay gets its 5gb ipod back :D

I like the look of the new Ipods, I wish apple took trade-ins, I would gladly fork over 50 bux for a new one

Maxvla said:
their site doesn't have it updated, just that its not available anymore.

i bought one on ebay sunday a 5 gigger for only 17 bucks less than the 10gb. i'll be at best buy tomorrow first thing :) then ebay gets its 5gb ipod back :D

I'm thinking you've got some cookies or soemthing

http://www.ipod.com/ipod/

If i dont get to best buy quick enough i may just shell out the extra $100 for the new one, it's pretty schweet

o my goodness, honestly now that i went to that site and looked everything over, it's only one more paycheck, i love the stuff with this new one. It's like a 10gig personal orginzer that plays MP3's...schweet

timmyqwest said:

I'm thinking you've got some cookies or soemthing

http://www.ipod.com/ipod/

If i dont get to best buy quick enough i may just shell out the extra $100 for the new one, it's pretty schweet

o my goodness, honestly now that i went to that site and looked everything over, it's only one more paycheck, i love the stuff with this new one. It's like a 10gig personal orginzer that plays MP3's...schweet
best buy's site ;) not apple.

extra 100???

the 15gb ipod is 399 the 10gb is 200.

i was reading some reviews (because now i kinda want one) and i was wondering, does it work with pcs? or you do you have to buy special software?

woo! just got back from best buy. my closer store was out but the other one in town had 3 mac versions left.

they can be made to work with pc's you just hafta format them.

Back